Forums    Barth Coaches Sold    FANTASTIC! 1994 33 foot Barth Breakaway 230 HP Cummins REDUCED to $49,900.00
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
FANTASTIC! 1994 33 foot Barth Breakaway 230 HP Cummins REDUCED to $49,900.00
 Login now/Join our community

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
They's rigs to us that drives 'em, bulldogs on the snout or not. To us who drives the toys, the ones with bulldogs are "big rigs."

Maybe this is a North/South distinction.

[This message has been edited by olroy (edited November 14, 2005).]

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Mini-Winny's are motorhomes, Prevost's are motorhomes..........I drive a Barth, unless I'm talking to the unelightened and then I call it a motorhome, a coach, a rig or an RV; whatever it takes to make the connection.

I left it in the Barth, I'll meet you at the Barth, or best of all, let's take the Barth. My wife laughs at me when I'm only planning to go to dinner.

Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Report This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
You nailed it, Bill.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Well said! I never thought about it but I say the Barth more than any other name and it does come from pride of ownership.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/17
Picture of Richard_Muise
posted Hide Post
I think I'll just stick with Barth. That way, I'll always be right.

Posts: 662 | Location: Hampden, Massachusetts | Member Since: 10-13-2005Report This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
OK, OK, OK it's a Barth...........Custom Coach.

Isn't a rig a combo of ropes, chains, pullies and stuff used to pull a cow out of a ditch???

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goodwinw:
Mini-Winny's are motorhomes, Prevost's are motorhomes..........I drive a Barth, unless I'm talking to the unelightened and then I call it a motorhome, a coach, a rig or an RV; whatever it takes to make the connection.

I left it in the Barth, I'll meet you at the Barth, or best of all, let's take the Barth. My wife laughs at me when I'm only planning to go to dinner.

Bill G

Yes! I have an SOB, and you'll not find any mention in my prior posts about the brand or model (and not even because the name decals have just about disappeared....). It's just the "StaRV", mainly because it totes my dogs and me to numerous star parties around the country.

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I Guess I'm just uniformed.

I usually call it "The Barth" but most people stare at me. I then say it's a 33' Custom Coach (because it is) but sometimes that sound a little stuck up. So if I called it a "Rig" then people would get confused.

So now I just say it an RV that's built like an airplane. I explain the care that was made in building these and how each blind rivet is installed by 2 people. That the Barth brand was known back in the day as one of "The Best Built Coaches" being made.

It's sad to think that cheap prices won out to quality craftmanship when Barth folded.

Who makes "The Best Built Custom Coaches" now? I kind of like the Newalls for there looks and there construction looks alot alike.

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'd favor the Bluebirds as still among the best nowadays. Among the plastic pigs would Tradewinds ( I have a couple of friends with them, and they're well-finished, and both bought new (a '98 and an '04) have held up with no problems, and surprisingly, Gulfstreams. I've looked at several older ('90-'96) Gulfstreams lately, and while all had neglected mechanicals or butchered interiors, the coaches - interior and exterior - themselves had held up extraordinarily well.

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Last month we looky loo'd the big Bluebird dealer in Holland MI. There seemed like a lot of stuff to go wrong in them, but they were nice. If I were loaded, I would buy the best old Bird I could find and make it as nice as I could. There is something about those old tanks that appeals. I saw a short Newell once. It was only 30 ft, but it had 22.5 wheels and looked really rugged and luxurious at the same time.

And I want a Staggerwing.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I had some time in a Staggerwing (although I actually had a Bonanza) - absolutely luxurious, and a sweet ride...one does not "fly" a Staggerwing, one "experiences" it....