Search
Notify
Tools
1997 Barth XL
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted

This 1997 coach is for sale by the original owner. there is GET THIS 3500 actual miles. Kipp at Beaudry says it is a perfect coach. He says oak but it is light cherry. they want $80-90K. Book value is non-existant for an XL in this year. The funny thing is that the value for a 1998 XL is 60-80 but a 1996 Regency is $80-100. I don't know what the difference is. I am guessing that this XL has a value arond $65-70K. Call Kipp at 1888-849-6887. He thinks it's going to sell quick. Maybe-maybe not. I thought that Turners Breakaway would sell in a day. Even the Monarch in Prescott, AZ took a bit of time. If I had the bucks to spend I would buy this coach "now" but the average non- Barth educated person would probably throw his or her money away on a new Whinnybago Adventurer. Tell me will ya, just tell me. Who out there like me just lusts to drive through a 200 mile desert behind that dashboard. Classiest in the biz I do believe.

(Am I wordy this morning or what?)

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited November 23, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited November 24, 2004).]

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited June 10, 2005).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/07
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by davebowers:

This 1997 coach is for sale by the original owner. there is [b]GET THIS
3500 actual miles. Kipp at Beaudry says it is a perfect coach. He says oak but it is light cherry. they want $80-90K. Book value is non-existant for an XL in this year. The funny thing is that the value for a 1998 XL is 60-80 but a 1996 Regency is $80-100. I don't know what the difference is. I am guessing that this XL has a value arond $65-70K. Call Kipp at 1888-849-6847. He thinks it's going to sell quick. Maybe-maybe not. I thought that Turners Breakaway would sell in a day. Even the Monarch in Prescott, AZ took a bit of time. If I had the bucks to spend I would buy this coach "now" but the average non- Barth educated person would probably throw his or her money away on a new Whinnybago Adventurer. Tell me will ya, just tell me. Who out there like me just lusts to drive through a 200 mile desert behind that dashboard. Classiest in the biz I do believe.

(Am I wordy this morning or what?)

[/B]

This Barth XL has fiberglass sides not aluminum I think?
Ed

Posts: 12 | Location: Columbia Station ,Ohio USA | Member Since: 02-08-2004Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lu38re:
This Barth XL has fiberglass sides not aluminum I think?
Ed

My TFT monitor is not too clear, but can anyone see any rows of rivet heads in the pictures?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Dave knows a lot more about the post 96 Barths (different company), but from what I have culled from all the BM posts, they are not up to the quality of the earlier units. Fiberglass is not like aluminum and structurally it generally does not hold up as well because of UV degredation.

Bill G

[This message has been edited by goodwinw (edited November 24, 2004).]

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/08
posted Hide Post
Beaudry R.V. on their site said "SKIN F.GLASS" That why I posted Check the Barth:Maybe all Barth aren't Metal!

------------------
Jay&Shelby 95 Regency 34ft. 300 hp.

Posts: 134 | Location: Harriman,Tn.U.S.A. | Member Since: 01-09-2004Report This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
No, this is aluminum for sure. He just didn't check it out. The late Barths used a special aluminum laminate made in Germany I think it was aluminum with a core of some space age material and then aluminum. It was called something like Alumicore. And I should say anymore because I can't remember exactly the specs. When they thought about building a new Barth acouple years ago they were going to use this material.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what the difference in a Monarch & a Regency is. Our 1996 34' Monarch was much classier, oak wainscoating, lots of upgrades and 50,000 miles and we sold it in 3 weeks! Sure wish Barth would get up and running again!

Posts: 29 | Location: Prescott, AZ, USA | Member Since: 06-28-2004Report This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
This one has Sold.

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Report This Post