Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
MS ~ 1993 Barth former med clinic
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I have a 1992 Barth that was a med clinic, it has a 454, with 7 kw 220 vanguard gen. 28 ft long.84,000 mi It has been partially converted to sleep in and use for a job office. It has two roof airs, bathroom, shower, two built in Norcold refrigerators, runs and drives well. the unit is a good base for a full project conversion.Email me At nash31700@yahoo.com and I will send pics. I will take offers.

Tag#9212-3842-28S54

Posts: 6 | Location: tupelo, ms | Member Since: 06-29-2010Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Received a bunch of photos from Mr Nash.
quote:
I have to take a bunch of things out that I have stored in it so I can take inside photos
hopefully tomorrow if the rain stops.
I am in Tupelo, Ms
Thanks

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are additional photos and documentation

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Hi Nash, Mr Nash,

Was your Barth in a flood or have leaky roof? It looks like there are water marks around the floor along with telltale moisture issues like rusty screws on dash and the HWH plate looks rusted away.

As some people would have to travel considerable miles, it makes sense to describe these "less than desirable" issues too.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No, It was never flooded, and the water in the back is from where I washed out the shower and just got water in the floor. the bathroom had a leak in the power vent and got the floor wet but it is dry now. there were two leaks, one on the front left corner, and one on the back left corner. some of the discoloration in the back area is the backing from the vinyl flooring that just turned brown from foot traffic. the carpet that was taken out was very nasty and stained so what ever was spilled on the carpet must have gone through to the plywood. This coach was used on the coast as a mobile unit and then parked at a school on blocks for six years in central Mississippi. The auto level controler is not rusted out and still works, but there is a hose at the pump that is leaking. I guess it looks bad because the carpet is covering part the of the corners where the screws are. The screws that are rusted are just common black drywall screws..I don't know why they used uncoated screws for a coach that was going to a coastal climate, but they are from the factory.
The floor is just stained it is not rotten and solid through out the coach. The wiring in the breaker box and transfer switch area is factory also. It suprised me that it was installed in such a messy unorganized way. And don't you just love that Baby blue Paint!

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the detailed description. That explains what I was seeing.

May I make one more suggestion, give some concept on price. It will separate the wheat from the chaff with any buyers on the fence.

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that you have to condider that this was a working mobile clinic until 2007. It was used in areas where medical care was limited and this was the only source. I was told by the clinic operators that as many as 50 people per day were run through it. Most of them farmers,factory workers diesel mechanics, kids with dirty hands...It is really interesting to me! There were many posters and eye charts and all sorts of things stapled, taped and tacked to the walls. I am sure that they steam cleaned the carpet from time to time which is why the plywood is discolored and darker around the edges. There is no telling what could have been spilled on the floor...coffee,Iodine,probably blood, who knows? The runs on the wall in the power supply area appear to be some sort of red chemical that must have spilled in the cabinet above. Probably Iodine.

posted Hide Post
I don't really know about a price. That is one of the reasons I decided to put it on this site. I had never heard of Barth until I got this one. I was researching the brand and found this site and read some of the post and found that most of you know a lot about these coaches. I will take it for a drive over the weekend and see how she does since I haven't driven it since I brought it up from Biloxi in 09. I need to check out the gen and make sure it still runs. I am afraid the ethanol in our gas my have clogged the carb.

posted Hide Post
Good idea to check it out mechanically and then ask for advice on what you should ask. Most people are too polite to tell you if you're asking too much, but many would be willing to offer suggestions on value if they have a reasonable idea of overall condition.

As you probably already know, the market for all RVs is in the toilet. A 20 year old gas (non RV) RV from any other brand would be worth about the gas money to get it to the junkyard. Thankfully, you have a Barth and they are definitely worth saving and worth buying. The big issue you will have is finding someone that wants to take on all the work that it will take to make it an RV versus the great deals that are out there on done units.

There's a 1990 gas Ford powered Barth for sale in Oregon with a stripped interior for $3995. I'm not saying it's any kind of exact replica, but something to start with and it hasn't sold yet.

Hope this helps.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
Good idea to check it out mechanically and then ask for advice on hat you should ask. Most people are too polite to tell you if you're asking too much, but many would be willing to offer suggestions on value if they have a reasonable idea of overall condition.

As you probably already know, the market for all RVs is in the toilet. A 20 year old gas (non RV) RV from any other brand would be worth about the gas money to get it to the junkyard. Thankfully, you have a Barth and they are definitely worth saving and worth buying. The big issue you will have is finding someone that wants to take on all the work that it will take to make it an RV versus the great deals that are out there on done units.

There's a 1990 gas Ford powered Barth for sale in Oregon with a stripped interior for $3995. I'm not saying it's any kind of exact replica, but something to start with and it hasn't sold yet.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, I will keep you updated. I appreciate your input