Search
Notify
Tools
TX. 1984 Regal 35'
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
We will take the toolbox and the camera. Luckily our garage is 40 feet long and wide enough for three vehicles. For the faint at heart a membership with coachnet helps. They help with those roadside repairs and tows on the road. Hope we will not need it (we used them once before and were happy). It will be an adventure for sure. Never know with things just sitting, we will be prepared. Cannot be more adventerous than our old 1960 GM Conversion with one million miles...

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Marvin and Doris. are you familiar with the BNO bus board? I believe there is someone there that might be looking for a 4104 or 4106. Might work out to be a quick deal for both of you. Smiler

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Report This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Yes we know about the BNO and "busnuts", we also belong to the FMCA (since 95) and been to a couple bus rallies. Before the neighbors think we are starting a dealership...

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Where is Big South Fork TN. Mary Ray lives in West TN & Jim & I in East TN
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Where is Big South Fork TN. Mary Ray lives in West TN & Jim & I in East TN
Tere
Sounds like it should be in Texas. Thumbs Up

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Report This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Big South Fork National Recreation Area, between TN and KY. We are in Jamestown TN, famous WW1 hero Sgt York's homeplace is here. BSF has a beautiful campground, miles of horsetrails, hiking etc. That hwy 127 yardsale runs thru here too every August. It's country living, no big Dollywood here.
Doris

Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Hello neighbors!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Hi, I was in Jamestown a couple of years ago with some friends that have horses. We went there for her birthday party and the countryside was pretty.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Rented a houseboat from Jamestown Resort & Marina years ago....most relaxing vacation we ever took!

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
I wish I had known you were in Jamestown, I thought you were camping in the woods. I just moved from Cookeville to avoid Route 52, my Breakaway couldn't make the turns......

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Report This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
I do not even like Hwy 52 between Jamestown and Livingston in a car, it's like the Kamikaze Trail, everybody is across the centerline. Also not recommended is coming into Bandy Creek Campground from Oneida (hwy 297), 13o/o grade and hairpin turns.
We will be leaving Thursday going to Dallas and if all goes well be there Fri morning.
Does anyone have ideas what to do with all that 8+ year old gas??? Not sure how much is in there, do not really want to run it thru the engine. Have to repair the fuel lines too. Anyone in Dallas bored on Friday and want to help? Will keep my little computer handy. Doris

Picture of jsloan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hands off boys and girls, we are taking her home! We are ready to give her a new home with a shelter to rest, plenty of open roads to roam and a set of new shoes (pardon - tires) and batteries. We are looking forward to travel and meet Barth enthusiasts. And I guess our 1960 GM Busconversion is looking for a new home .....

Any news? Seems someone told me you would be in Dallas on Thursday. Looks pretty wet over that way for sure.

~Jeff~

1984 28' Regal P30

Posts: 148 | Location: Mississippi | Member Since: 09-13-2009Report This Post
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
We are heading that way now. If all goes well should be there Saturday. Our original plan was Thurs or Fri but we seen all that rain and all agreed Sat was better. So today will be a loooong travel day (780 miles). After seeing all this coaches taking wrecker rides to the GTG I surely updated our CoachNet membership too.

Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Still barthless. Went today and looked at it, nice but too much work. If we could have gotten it home (or at least out of the driveway - maybe). Perfect for someone with time (and maybe a roll back). We cannot camp out in her driveway for days. Clean inside, leaks around the rear window (wet). It is Air Sensors TM fuel injection, 7KW Kohler genset. The tires are so dry rotten, I would not attempt to drive 5 miles. Also the water reservoir (plastic) is split open, the springs fell off the levelers (do not know if they work). Bottoms of storage compartments rusted. Needs good cleaning and stripe repainted. Window seals loose in corners. 50amp cord. The controls for dash air and heat loose(pushed back into dash). Tach stuck. Just too much to do in somebody elses driveway, but underneath is a fine coach. Worried about brake calipers too.
If you got the time and knowhow and energy it is well worth it

Picture of Daddo
posted Hide Post
Wow, sorry to hear about what turned out to be a wasted trip for you.

This coach intrigues me and I want to rescue it! I'm going to resist the urge, however. :-)

83 28' Barth "Euro"
Chevrolet 454
P-32 Chassis

Posts: 34 | Location: Chambersburg, PA | Member Since: 09-14-2009Report This Post