Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1992 Barth breakaway 190 cummins
 Login now/Join our community

posted
My Parents are looking to sell their 92 breakaway. Its in great shape. They are the second owners they have owned it aprox. 8 years my mom loves it but she has cancer and can no longer travel and enjoy it. So they asked me to try selling it on the internet. It has been stored inside during the winters they spent in ohio. I will post pictures and price soon. If anyone has any advise please let me know thanks kenny.

Posts: 10 | Location: Akron ohio | Member Since: 04-08-2006Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kenny:
If anyone has any advise please let me know thanks kenny.

Hi, Kenny, and Welcome. Sorry to hear about your mother.

My only advice would be look at other ads and add it all together and use what you learned. Many ads are not very clear on floor plan, so the more you could include, the better. Perhaps your floor plan is like one of the ones on the CD or in Dave's files he posted. New folks might not have specific needs, but people with a history have preferences. We only looked at coaches with floor plans we liked. Once I had a good idea of the floor plan, we went and bought our Barth, as it was just right for us.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I will try to include floor plans.

posted Hide Post
Here is some pictures of the motor home and it has the following equipment:

30' Spartin chassis
71,191 miles
190 cummins
172" wheelbase
air/ hydraulic 4 wheel disc brakes
160amp alternator
GVW 18,000lbs
60 gal fuel tank
25gal LP tank
44 gal fresh water tank
two holding tanks 66gal greybwater
7kw lp generator with 176 hours
2 roof a/c 13,500btu with heat strips
am/fm stero/ cass
LPG furnace
VCR
heated mirrors
air horns
remote spot light
6gal water heater
furnace
stove 2 burner
conv microwave
double door refrig
Oak cabinets
2-13"ac/dc color TV's
Queen walk around bed
sleeper sofa
Sky light
CB radio
Rear Camera
29,500 asking, thats below blue book with options

posted Hide Post
I will work on getting more pictures on, I can only put on at a time and dont know why?
Also he has had it professional maintained. with the following put on in past few few yeas, New brakes, exhaust, inverter, altinator, automatic step, toilet, Transmission cooler, battiers and more. Currently it is in exclent shape and exclent running condition.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
WOW! That's really a beautiful coach! And front entry, my preference!

Have you established a price yet?

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure looking for offers and looking at book value. The inside is cleaner than out side she never let anyone smoke in it or wear shoes in it. If you pull up the throw rugs the carpet looks new.

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
NADA book (hard copy) shows $20,190 trade, $26,550 retail. With the extras and condition, it should be nearer $30K, but one never knows.

You might want to post the mileage.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We saw that but if you notice when you put the options in it does bring it up around 30,000+. The milage is 71,200. We are open for offers. Thank you

After discussing It with my parents and local dealers we decided to Ask 29,500

posted Hide Post
Wow - that is one nice-looking coach!

Are there any solar panels or satellite dish on the roof?

More pics of the interior - kitchen, bedroom...

I like the way I can click on your pics and it zeroes in on the place I clicked.

Rick

Posts: 23 | Location: Sunny, Rural Pace, FL across Escambia Bay from Pensacola | Member Since: 12-05-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
360" long / 172" wheelbase = .47
This is less that the often recommened length to wheelbase ratio. What is the handling like on this unit and does anyone have the consumer reports recommendation of the '92 30 footer?
Rick

Posts: 15 | Location: MA | Member Since: 02-14-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry No solar panels or satellite dish. I'm still having problems putting more than one picture at a time on this site I dont know why. Thanks for the intrest. I can email you more pictures directly if you like. Below is a picture of the bath room the toliet is just to the right of the sink. I had a hard time taking pictures do to the mirror and not having a wide angle lens. But I took almost 80 pictures. I should have it all. Thanks kenny

posted Hide Post
My Parents have never had a problem with the handling of it and they drove it several times to Florida and back. Spartan Chasis company has been around for several year and still in buisness I never heard of that being a problem. I'm a firefighter and some of our fire trucks are on spartan chasis they have also not been a problem. The problem with Handling comes in when you go over the rated GVW. I've seen that happen on fire trucks when you over load them with water and equipment tat it was not designed for that is not the case here.

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Barth_user1:
360" long / 172" wheelbase = .47
This is less that the often recommened length to wheelbase ratio. What is the handling like on this unit and does anyone have the consumer reports recommendation of the '92 30 footer?
Rick

My 28' has about a .43 ratio, and it has no bad habits. I can't fling it around, but any diesel pusher has a high polar moment that demands respect - no abrupt maneuvers.

I'm not sure if this one's a 30' or 32' - I've seen both listed.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
I think the .47 ratio is just fine. These camparisons came into being when gas Bounders were 35 foot and no tags and a ratio in the 30% area. You heard storys of loosing steering when going over bumps. Might be an urban legend but is scary non the less..

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post