Notify
Tools
1977 - 34 foot Barth motorhome
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Man, I'm dying here! I thought this coach would go in 2 days, yet here it is! I can't do anything till after Talledega because we're leaving tomorrow morning, but if nobody has grabbed this one by the end of next week I'm going for it. Don't know what I'll do with the Euro, but I'd like to see it go to someone who appreciates her. Suzie will kill me but she'll get over it. She loves our coach, and I do too, but I don't think it would be too hard to re-adjust to this one.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Danny,

It's the same vintage as mine (w/ 10 more feet hanging off it!) According to the listing, it's located about 18-20 miles from me......

If ya do get serious, and it'll help, I'd be happy to look at it and give you some semi-experienced third-party observations & impressions......Just let me know.....(As long as I'm not made part of any divorce proceedings Roll Eyes

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Report This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Update: Lee B., owner of this coach, showed up at my office this morning to talk motorhomes....

Delightful gentleman!...We had a good discussion about his Barth & his Newell......Misc: info:

As mentioned, bed mod was done by Barth in the mid-'80's (also repainted by them at the same time)....He's second owner, stored under roof....100k miles +/-..........

Unit is currently "semi-sold" i.e.: committed buyer minus any money exchange yet....should know in a few days if it's still on the market....

As a seller, Lee gave me good vibes in the honesty/integrity department....His descriptions of his Barth to me were candid, without a hint of trying to over-sell. If anyone here is interested in his unit, I'm confident you would get straight answers on the phone. The $3k asking price sure does leave room to "invest" in some upgrades without getting too upside-down.....

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
posted Hide Post
Lee, I hope you let Lee B know about our get together next year, even though he might not own a Barth at that time. ( he has owned one for over a decade). I talked with him at length before putting the first post about his coach on Barthmobile, and like you belive he is very genuine about the coach. He has been the the factory for service, which not many of us had the privlege of. I bet he would fill us in on some interestng storys concerning Barth.

Doug Bywaters
Near Skyline Drive Virginia!

Posts: 101 | Location: Flint Hill VA | Member Since: 09-29-2006Report This Post
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Yep Doug, I sure did mention the rally and an invitation to come....He's been to Milford multiple times during the heyday, so it would be great to hear some of his recollections......
He's a retired motorcoach driver, and besides his recent Newell project, he got plenty of anecdotes about Prevost, MCI, Eagles, VanHools, etc. I do know he's gonna miss his Barth when it goes - mentioned that many times.......

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Man, I'm dying here! I thought this coach would go in 2 days, yet here it is! I can't do anything till after Talledega because we're leaving tomorrow morning, but if nobody has grabbed this one by the end of next week I'm going for it.
Sorry Danny, you snooze, you lose. Big Grin

I've received an email saying that this beauty has been sold.
quote:
First of all,I wood like to thank you for the splendid way you displayed my coach on your site,. it was teriffic... As they drove the coach away from the driveway, I hated to see it go. I've owned the Barth for over twenty years and I will miss her, Again thank you very much

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
My congrats and perhaps thanks to the lucky new owner. I really did want this coach but it would have been very difficult to put it all together at this time. Also, a flawless 1500 mile round trip to Talledega, with everything working perfectly, would have made it that much harder to part with the Euro. She ain't the prettiest coach in the park, but I know her from head to toe, and I'll keep her for a while longer.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post