Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of MichaelR
posted
1994 Breakaway XL
34 Foot Wide Body (102 inches)
Gillig Chassis
Turbo charged 250 HP Cummins 8.3 Liter w/Banks
Allison MD3060 5 Speed Transmission(ECU replaced in 2010)
Hayden Transmission Cooler
Side Radiator
Engine Heater
Pac Brake
50,797 Miles

Kohler 7.5 KW generator powered by a 3 cylinder Kubota diesel with 747.1 hours

All batteries replaced in 2010
Roof was recoated in March 2013
Dash Air Works!

Amenities:
Queen Rear Bed
Jackknife Sofa
Corian Counter Tops
Cherry Cabinets
Two Gas Furnaces(they work great!)
Two Roof Air Units w/heat strips(fully functional)
Dinette
Two Door 12.0 cu. ft. Norcold Refrigerator
Rocking Leisure Chair
Have Build Schematics and Vendor Manuals

I purchased this Barth from Tom Taylor last May 2013. Since that time I have spent a lot of enjoyable hours working on our "Barth". Below listed are the improvements to date:

Installed four new Toyo Tires on the rear
Installed two new Air Springs on the rear
Replaced Right Front HWH Jack
Serviced Engine (all filters)
Replaced Engine Belts
Replaced Transmission Output Shaft Seal
Replaced Transmission fluid w/Transynd and Filters
Replace Battery Cables as needed
Rust-Proofed and Painted Battery Compartments
Serviced Generator (all filters)
Installed new FloJet Water Pump
Installed new Fresh Water Drain Valves
Refurbished SeaLand Porcelain Toilet
Fabricated Aluminum Microwave Shelf
Installed new Microwave
Installed new Flat Screen TV up front
Removed analog TV from Bedroom(storage area now)
Installed Laminate Floor in Bathroom
Replaced Contactor in Transfer Switch
Overhauled Kwikee Entry Step(motor/linkage)
Fabricated/Installed Custom Door Closure/Stop
Painted all Plastic/Fiberglass Components on top
And many more little things.......

The two Front Tires have a date code of 2006. They look great, and performed with no issues for over 3K miles.
Main awning fabric needs replaced,(it appears to be original and is worn-out).
HWH Leveling System is functional, but a little "quirky" at times,(have always been able to "extend" and "retract" jacks).

You will not be disappointed with this Barth. She has been well-maintained and loved.

A great value at $24,000.00

Michael & Diane Roberts
706-987-0701
homeplaceinspect@yahoo.com

Posts: 173 | Location: Greeneville TN | Member Since: 05-11-2012Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
But you just got it !?!

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
My wife, daughter and I had planned on living in it for a year traveling across the country. Well we lived in it for six months, and during that time a job opportunity became available that I just couldn't pass up. So my family has become "rooted" again, and I just hate to see our Barth waiting to be used maybe one week out of the year at this point.

Posts: 173 | Location: Greeneville TN | Member Since: 05-11-2012Report This Post
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
Pictures are on the way.

Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
I don't remember...
Is the bathroom split by the hall, that is, shower like a closet curbside?

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
Bathroom is one unit drivers side. It has the stand-up glass door shower enclosure adjacent to the toilet. I had sent the pictures to Rusty this morning for posting, but I messed-up his email address, so he just got the pictures this evening. There are some good shots of the bathroom in the pics.

Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
If anyone has any particular areas/components of our Barth that they would like to see additional pictures of, just send me a PM with your email. Thanks for your help Rusty!

Picture of MJ56
posted Hide Post
Nice looking all around, well kept, classy unit.
My biggest turn on with Barth's is the woodwork, cabinets and floor. With corian tops, it will be beautiful forever. (Mine has formica Frowner)
Is the wallpaper a grasscloth? Mine is, but in shades of beige. I have thought of trying a wash or stain to get it to a uniform white like yours.

I think of mine as collector's item, hard to replace, but mine is up for sale too. Mine is a gasser so it's life is more limited. I think with a diesel these things could outlast us for sure.

Good luck with your sale.

Posts: 84 | Location: NW IN | Member Since: 09-22-2013Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Very nice looking Coach, well maintains and great presetation. Should go away. Good luck, Tom

Posts: 257 | Location: Carolina Shores Nc | Member Since: 12-12-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Tere and I are going to look at Michael's Breakaway sometime this week. If anyone would like some specific info, let us know. We're only 40 miles from where Michael lives.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/10
Picture of bud@YXY
posted Hide Post
This just my opinion, and for discussion purposes---- BUT--- I think these coaches are worth more than a dollar/pound.

Bud

1993 Breakaway 36ft & 1977 20 ft
Spartan: air ride and brakes & P32(?)
Cummins: 8.3 litre 250hp, PACBrake
Allison 3060 (6 spd)
Front entry, side hallway
7.5 kw diesel gen.
1999 2dr Tracker 4X4 5spd, SMI Braking system

Posts: 253 | Location: Yukon--Arizona and around | Member Since: 06-09-2006Report This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
It is very possible that the MD 3060 was programmed to be a 5 speed. In some applications 6 speeds with the deep overdrive, rear gear ratio, and 22.5 wheels would not allow shifting in to 6th (if programmed to be a 6 speed) until 70-75MPH.

If this coach had 4.1 rear gears and 22.5 wheels, the 6th gear of the MD3060 would be useless. I know of at least one Breakaway that this is the case!

Remember these coaches for the most part were built when the gov mandated was 55 MPH!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
This came up when I owned the coach. It is a 5 speed. As Ed indicated, it is programmed and it is a transmission used in many applications. The owners manual that came with the coach also indicates this.

I wish I could buy that coach back but circumstances do not allow for that now. Michael picked up where I left off on doing repairs and maintenance and is a lot more skilled with his aircraft background. I can not think of anything that he has not addressed that needed attention.

Tom Taylor

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Report This Post
Picture of MichaelR
posted Hide Post
Sold