Barthmobile Portal
1992 Barth Breakway 56,500 miles diesel

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6441087061/m/2013986197

07-01-2018, 03:35 PM
PH
1992 Barth Breakway 56,500 miles diesel
Selling my 1992 Barth Breakaway here on your forum hoping in winds up in the hands of someone who can enjoy it as I have lost interest. I acquired this RV in April 2018 with hopes of traveling down the east coast during summers to our place in FL with a Wrangler in tow. The Seller delivered the unit and it was in a shop since April. My buddy slowly made improvements and some needed maintenance over the past 3 months, and still not complete. I have priced it thousands below what I have invested and at a price point that I believe is fair.

This was a one Owner coach stored indoors through 2017. The gentleman I purchased it from had it for 1 year and operated it with a dealer's license plate in 2017. Last year he took trips to MD and PA from NJ. I have not used it.
The unit is presently located in Tappan, NY 10983 in my driveway where I had an electrician wire a 30 amp RV outlet assuming I was keeping the RV. The RV has a 50 amp panel. I have become frustrated with the renovation process which has taken too long. It got costly when I had to hire trades to do everything as I am too busy with work and family. Furthermore we have since realized that our homeowner association in FL will NOT allow RV parking on-site so this unit is for sale at $15,000.00.

The exterior of the coach is in great shape. It has only been hand washed prior to photos. It will sparkle with a compounding/buffing/waxing. The roof appears to be in great shape, and because it was stored indoors there is not decades of sealant repairs on all the seams and penetrations (more on this later). All awnings are in tact, functional and awning fabric is very good. Bumpers are straight, as well as the body with the exception of middle cargo compartment passenger side. Looks like it rubbed something. Other than that very minimal wear and tear. Windshields all intact no leaks or chips. Wipers work. All exterior lights work except missing one marker lens is missing. The shop disassembled the step, sand blasted it, primed, painted satin black and reassembled with a new $240.00 control board, door sensors and non-skid grip tape. Step opens and closes properly and lights up. Lucite handle lights up. The RV batteries are from 2016. The engine chassis batteries are new 2018. All 6 tires are new in 2017 with very low miles. There are no fluid leaks from mechanicals. In 2017 coach had fluid, filter and belt changed.
Interior is almost complete, more on the at later, but just as nice as the exterior. The first thing we discovered wrong with coach was that the water pump plastic screen cover probably froze and cracked over the winter. The sofa was removed, the water tank cleaned out and pump replaced. After replacing the water pump and pressuring the system, the shop realized that the toilet flush valve and vacuum breaker also had a slow leak. Both parts were replaced on the toilet and all plumbing is in working order. Hot water heater fires up and operates as it should. At that point in May or so the shop removed the carpet and padding from the living area and bathroom. The remainder of the carpet is in great shape. During this time the sofa was being rebuilt and new microsuede gray fabric installed. A new 110V refrigerator was installed. Unfinished trim around it was installed. For more storage, the cabinet shop made a cabinet and shelf to go adjacent to sofa rather than original end table. They also made a shelf / garbage can holder larger than the original one next to swivel blue original chair which is in great shape. Driver and passenger seats in great shape too. A new Maxxair Maxxfan was installed above kitchen. It was properly installed removing all old sealants. Also replaced the original switches to the combo fan / light in bathroom. We threw out the queen mattress so that needs replacement. Bedroom a/c is very cold, the front unit does not blow very cold. Furnace works. Shower works-needs fresh caulking. Power mirrors work. Swivel light on roof works. Back up camera does not work.

After 3 months of having people work on it, my buddy calls to tell me he noticed a SLIGHT amount of water seepage on the plywood floor near exterior wall of kitchen where the blue chair is and in the aisle wall where floor meets wall at circuit breaker panel. He claims it did not leak there before but noticed it after it was parked in a certain position after rain. I pulled the plug on this dream at this point and bought plane tickets for my family and will use proceeds of this sale to buy a Wrangler and leave it in FL.

The rig comes with all the original blueprints, brochures, instruction manuals, binders, Spartan plastic decal, original Barth keychain... I have tried my best to describe this unit in detail. I am pretty certain the display panel works as it shows proper fresh water level, grey/black/battery levels,... I have not touched the levelers. I did witness the Seller showing me that they go up and down but he did not lift the coach with them on the blacktop driveway of his motorcycle dealership.

I think the water leak is from improperly sealed exterior electrical outlet, a tiny hairline opening around roof penetrations, or maybe just a common problem with this type of RV like a window seal. Otherwise I see nothing obvious on roof. I am not an RV tech or mechanic so I am unsure. The ceilings appear bone dry. I peeked under cabinets, inside closets,... just not sure what or where is leaking.
Between mattress, an additional a/c unit, maybe some caulk and new flooring which could be purchased from $0.99 to $5.00+ a square foot you will have a coach that will last decades with continued maintenance that I cannot do myself.

I can be reached by phone (914) 490-2729 Peter or email peter@keystonemgt.com. Please do not call after 8:30 p.m. at night I have young kids. I will take pictures of what you need, and try my best to answer questions but please remember I am not a diesel RV user or expert.

Also has a newer very low hour 5500 propane generator that is not wired switch on dash.

Listed on Craigslist Hudson Valley, NY

https://hudsonvalley.craigslis...esel/6631954371.html

I am attempting to post some photos not sure if this will work. Contact me for additional phots or check craigslist posting above. Thanks.

07-01-2018, 10:01 PM
Kevin
Thank you for posting your Barth for our members. Thanks also for contact information and a price. Your informative post is a good example of a great start to attracting buyers for your coach.
I have searched your Vehicle Identification Number, with our list and did not find your Barth. Could you please let us know the Barth Data Tag number? Good luck with your sale.
07-02-2018, 06:17 AM
PH
I am new to Barth's and this type of vehicle. I did post a photo of a tag that is inside the generator access door does that show the Barth tag number if not where would I find it thanks?
07-02-2018, 07:08 AM
Doorman
Check above your driver seat. Might be hidden behind curtains.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath
07-05-2018, 06:13 PM
PH
Thanks folks for your input and interest the Barth sold locally, I think it will settle in NC. Never seen anything with such nice lines, just too much for my abilities. Thanks.
07-05-2018, 06:37 PM
Kevin
It sure would have been nice to get the data tag for this Barth.

07-09-2018, 12:26 PM
Neil T.
If it would have had a 8.1 and 6sp I would have been all over this one.

www.swedishautomotive.com
77 28' Rear Bath
The "Budget BARTH"