Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1986 38 foot Regency
 Login now/Join our community

posted
1986 38 foot Regency, 3208 CAT, 90% restored. Florida hurricane changed our lives. Just wanting to get our investment back. Asking $49,900.00 Must sell. Jim McCans

You have been invited to visit a photo album http://photobucket.com/albums/v70/davebowers/McCan%20Regency

NOTE NEW CONTACT INFORMATION

The coach is in Punta Gorda, Fl and our phone # is 941-575-5650
james mccans joyanjim@comcast.net

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited June 03, 2005).]

Posts: 2 | Location: Punta Gorda,Fl. USA | Member Since: 10-12-2003Report This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Awesome new images for this coach take a look.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I find it interesting to note that the counters appear to be formica. Had gotten the impression that Regencies had Corian.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
I find it interesting to note that the counters appear to be formica. Had gotten the impression that Regencies had Corian.

Our 86 Regency also has formica, I'm guessing they didn't go to corian, until later coaches.

What year did Barth become Barth RSV?

Posts: 31 | Location: crestline,ohio | Member Since: 02-27-2005Report This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
These counter tops are not original, however, the original ones were pink Formica, (circa, 1986 "what were they thinking". This coach has had a great deal of updating on the inside. The wood floor is actual wood planking, The dinette was removed and they created the desk structure where Jim and Joyce eat side by side looking out the window. In transit the chairs push under the table and provide more than a foot more of floor space. Joyce recovered the sofa and the barrel chairs. Jim works on cabinetry at Heartland Coach, one of the nations most pretigious custom coach companies.

As far as Barth RSV I don't know exactly however, if you look on the first page of the gallery it shows the original Barth sign at the factory and it says Barth RSV and shows an image of a Barth which appears to be a very early 1970 coach.

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited March 29, 2005).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
Picture of Gunner
posted Hide Post
"What year did Barth become Barth RSV?"

1995, after the infamous Bill Prinz took over with his plan to bring the company into the modern era.
See rv-news.com/sept1996/cvrstry.htm -it is interesting reading, including: "Yes," Prinz said, "we are willing to do anything a customer may want. If it can be done on wheels, we can do it."
I'll give Prinz his due: he built my 1996 coach exactly to my specs, including our self-designed odd-ball paint scheme, and built a great coach "just like the old ones".
------------------
"You are what you drive" - Clint Eastwood

[This message has been edited by Gunner (edited March 29, 2005).]

Posts: 474 | Location: Republic of Texas | Member Since: 12-31-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
We toured a 1993 standard body Regency 250 CAT 2 weeks ago that's for sale in NC.
It didn't have corian and it did have rear twin beds with a BIG carpeted engine hump between them.
BTW the msrp was $178k according to the docs in the coach.
Cheers,
Don

quote:
Originally posted by bill h:

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gunner:
"What year did Barth become Barth RSV?"

I could write a business plan, to buy the Barth name, and set-up to produce quality, high-line coaches, and support the other, older coaches, under the Barth name.

Does anyone else have these same thoughts?

I am not a fast talking salesmam.
1995, after the infamous Bill Prinz took over with his plan to bring the company into the modern era.
See rv-news.com/sept1996/cvrstry.htm -it is interesting reading, including: "Yes," Prinz said, "we are willing to do anything a customer may want. If it can be done on wheels, we can do it."
I'll give Prinz his due: he built my 1996 coach exactly to my specs, including our self-designed odd-ball paint scheme, and built a great coach "just like the old ones".

Posts: 31 | Location: crestline,ohio | Member Since: 02-27-2005Report This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Please note new contact information

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I Emailed these folks and hope to see the coach soon. Not interested myself but I'll tell you what I think of it. May save you a trip or make it worthwhile.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post