Search
Notify
Tools
1987 33 foot Regal with Tags in Florida
 Login now/Join our community

"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted
I got a call from Suncoast RV, they said they have a 1987 33 foot, perfect condition with 2 person dinette and rear queen. They are asking $26K retail, will deal big time....

66K miles

Pictures coming, call (321) 504-6500 for more info.

------------------

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited July 15, 2004).]

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
hey guys, I'm gonna go look at this one this weekend ~ i was set on diesel but i figured i'd take a look since it's in route to another i want to see ~ wasn't sure what type of chasis it has ~ any clue what you'd offer for this?? it's a 460 ford ~ thanx for all the help!
danny

Posts: 5 | Location: Boca Raton, Fl. | Member Since: 07-15-2004Report This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
This coach is on Ebay right now I think it looks really nice. If it is a REGAL SE 34T the books is $18-21K If it is a REGAL SE 34D which I think was a Regal diesel then the book is $27-32. But I don't think it is because a 1998 has a book of $22-24.

This is one nice coach, You have to decide. I think I would pay up to around $22 for it. 33ft Regals with rear bed don't com around that often

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
The tag is a plus. A tag axle P30 goes down the road straighter than a non tag P30. By far.

In the Ebay ad, he calls it a "Royal", but I also think it is a Regal SE 32T or a 34T. This one does not have as rounded a roof radius as a Royale should have. My 30T measures out a few inches over 30 ft.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2484872306

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bill h:

In the Ebay ad, he calls it a "Royal", but I also think it is a Regal SE 32T or a 34T. This one does not have as rounded a roof radius as a Royale should have.
Bill,
I'm thinking this is a Royale. The fiberglass windshield cowling on our '87 34T has a lip that extends out over the windshield a couple of inches and this one is smooth. I've been wrong before, but this 34T's front end cap is quite different than ours.
Cheers, John

Posts: 114 | Location: Skamania, WA, USA | Member Since: 07-21-2003Report This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
This is definately a Regal. A Royale was unique because the radius of the roof was the same as a Regency. They also had the Regency cabinetry with those pop up pistons you guys have a hard time finding and the lighting above them. It is obvious that these are standard Regal cabinets. And the last thing is that all of the Royales had Corian counter tops. The reason they only made five of them because they were waaay to heavy. This is all per Jack Knott the 20 year VP of sales for Barth.

------------------

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John & Irene:
The fiberglass windshield cowling on our '87 34T has a lip that extends out over the windshield a couple of inches and this one is smooth. I've been wrong before, but this 34T's front end cap is quite different than ours.
Cheers, John

John, we can make a career about being wrong about Barths, as so many are different. I am not sure when they started the brow in front, but 88's seem to have them. Perhaps they started in the middle of the 87 model year. I know of at least one owner who had the later front cap retrofitted at the factory.

Living in the land of heavy dew, I wouldn't mind having a brow on mine to keep the windshield from streaking. Let's see, some styrofoam and a Surform and a little cloth and resin.................I'll put it on the list.

[This message has been edited by bill h (edited July 18, 2004).]

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
My 33', '90 Regal SE is a 454 on a P30. It has corian counter-tops and slanty plain-front o.h. cabinets, as does the '89, 33' Regal on p. 13 of the gallery, which apears identical to mine, including the paint job, except the floor plan (mine's r.b., that one's r.t.) and the upholstery.

There was a gorgeous '89, 36' Regency for sale in OK, a year ago or so, with cabinetry similar to the ones in the photos above, but those those were cherry while these look like oak.

I looked at a '89, 33' Regal in CA last winter with slanty o.h. cabinets and formica counter-tops.

I believe these coaches were all built to order, and they probably had a grab-bag of standard interior features to pick from. I doubt if you can tell one model from another solely on the basis of the cabinets and counter-tops, though it's unlikely that any Regencies came with formica counter-tops.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bill h:
[B
Living in the land of heavy dew, I wouldn't mind having a brow on mine to keep the windshield from streaking. Let's see, some styrofoam and a Surform and a little cloth and resin.................I'll put it on the list.

Hey, I learned something, thanks! Don't bother with the "drip lip" brow... as far as I can tell, it just lets the dew hit the windshield a little lower, like where you look through it! The old style roundy one looks better to my eyes too. This '87 Regal for sale looks really nice to me, lots of extras. Sat dish, rear tv, etc, but most of all, a nice looking re-paint that makes it look ten years newer. I hope it was prepped this time better than our '87's factory job. Wasting all that zinc chromate and untold gallons of Dupont Centarian (sp?) was a real shame.
Cheers, John

Posts: 114 | Location: Skamania, WA, USA | Member Since: 07-21-2003Report This Post
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

I think that SAT dish you see in the photo is from another source behind the coach. I do not believe that this coach has a SAT dish.

------------------

posted Hide Post
I just called Suncoast RV to make an appointment to see this coach and it was sold on E-bay last week.

Just thought everyone interested would like to know... Chris

Posts: 6 | Location: Kingsport, TN, USA | Member Since: 11-27-2004Report This Post