Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1985 Barth 35' Regency Coach - for sale/SOLD
 Login now/Join our community

posted Hide Post
Hi Jim this post is to give all possible hope to my house selling to purchase this rv. I have been reading this site for years. This is the first post that I have made due to the fact that I have not been in a position to talk without the cash to back it up. Now I can see it for real. Please tell me this coach is still available. Thanks Mike

Posts: 2 | Location: Irmo,SC | Member Since: 11-28-2014Report This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is for sale.

You can email me at... captjim172@hotmail.com

Mechanically almost everything has been replaced or improved on so it is road worthy to travel.
Yes, it does have some needs. One has to remember it is 30 years old. My tag office advised this year I can get an antique tag for it.
People are always amazed when I tell them it's a 1985. I enjoy telling them this Barth sold new for $200,000.

Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Seems to me this ought to be rolling to NC or SC pronto! no shortage of endorsements here.
Davebabe, where in NC? I vacation at Fontana Dam

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Jim,

Jerry here in KC Missouri. Have you received my last
two emails regarding your coach? Hope everything is alright. The last one was sent yesterday on March 1st.

All the Best,

Jerry

Posts: 3 | Location: kansas city | Member Since: 01-27-2008Report This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I had the pleasure of talking to Jim this weekend at Ortona Locks. He assures me the coach is still for sale. Thumbs Up

This is a nice coach. Jim has maintained it well. It needs very few items and is in drive away condition. I'm surprised it hasn't sold yet. Check it out, make him an offer!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5167 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Jim I am still working on getting the house sold and was rereading your posts . I noticed that you have a mountain home in AR well the property that I am selling is on the north brow of Mt. Peti Jean. Small world. Your coach is what I want, so the race is still on. Thanks. Mike

Posts: 2 | Location: Irmo,SC | Member Since: 11-28-2014Report This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Hi everyone,

I received so many emails on my Barth Regency and have always responded by telling of several things needing repair. This seemed to be of concern to many.
My reply this is a 30 year old coach and things pop up from time to time, however it is mechanically sound and has reman.upgraded engine with about 25,000 miles on it. Check the list of things I have replaced.

Here are items needing to be fixed:

1 Awning has new canvas but needs spring replaced.
2 Electric steps go down but won't go up. I checked the motor and it is good. Steps unplugged at this time.
3 Needs new AC & water hoses to work the dash air/heat.
4 The odometer stopped working on the way to the Fl. GTG, however the speedometer is working. I have not checked on why the odometer stopped.

Since a new buyer will want to fix the above items I am reducing my price from $18,400 to $16,500.

I think this to be a fair adjustment for anyone interested.

Jim

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

2 Electric steps go down but won't go up. I checked the motor and it is good. Steps unplugged at this time.

Jim

Jim I had the same problem with my stepsIresolved it by using an unimported usa product is best spray that contained silicone,let it soak in for about an hour.Wally van-isle.

Posts: 191 | Location: vancouver island bc | Member Since: 01-29-2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wally povajnuk:
quote:

Jim

Jim I had the same problem with my stepsIresolved it by using an unimported usa product is best spray that contained silicone,let it soak in for about an hour.Wally van-isle.
Sorry I mention LINKage and 3M.Getting forgetful.Wally

Posts: 191 | Location: vancouver island bc | Member Since: 01-29-2012Report This Post