Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
TN ~ 1988 Barth Regency Class A
 Login now/Join our community

posted
1988 Barth Class A Regency Motorhome, 30' long, diesel pusher has an 8.3 lt. Cummins engine with 70,000 mi on it. Interior is cherry and furniture is ultra leather and leather. Refrigerator is new...$16,500. Call 901-409-3123

Posts: 4 | Location: Eads,Tennessee | Member Since: 09-27-2013Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Eads TN is outside Memphis TN

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the Forums! Pictures would be appreciated, as well as info from the data tag.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SamSimmons:
1988 Barth Class A Regency Motorhome, 30' long, diesel pusher has an 8.3 lt. Cummins engine with 70,000 mi on it. Interior is cherry and furniture is ultra leather and leather. Refrigerator is new...$16,500. Call 901-409-3123

8.3L Cummins in a 30' pusher? Hmmm, Please confirm. This would be a very tight fit for sure! Do you have pictures of the engine and transmission.

Thanks

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Talked to the owner today. Very nice man. It is a 8.3 with 70,000 miles on the engine. Spartan chassis. Air suspension. Tires Michelin 5 years old. Rear bedroom, center bath. Diesel 7.5 Onan generator. Walls used to be all cherry. Still are in the bedroom. Redone in the front with wallpaper. Mid entry. See Craigs List Memphis for pics.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Here it is:

http://memphis.craigslist.org/rvs/4089079675.html

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
That actually could be 30' - looks shorter than the 32's.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I agree, it looks SHORT and it looks like the wheel base is shorter than mine. Reference is the distance from the door to the front and rear axle.

The overhang looks longer than mine!!

What is confusing are the wheels. They are 10 bolt and I didn't think 19.5 wheels of that era came on RVs with 10 bolts, only 6 bolts. 10 bolt 19.5 are common but not usually on Spartan chassis. I sure would like to know what axles are used on that coach.

Transmission??, Diff ratio??

Would like the VIN number to check with Spartan for those part numbers!

Looks like another Barth "one-of-a-kind"!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'd bet those wheels are hub-piloted, not stud piloted....and it's an '88; things could have been different then. Barth was obviously in transition around that time.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

posted Hide Post
My fronts are hob piloted and the rears are stud piloted 6 bolt. I was going with what Spartan had told me when I inquired about 10 bolt 19.5 wheels. I wanted to go there because then I could get a wider wheels for the 245R19.5 tires I wanted to use.

They told me no 19.5 10 bolt flanges had been made for the front axle or rear axle from Spartan on the EC2000 series chassis.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Odd (again); my fronts and rears are all stud piloted, 6 bolt Budd pattern. But billyt53 confirmed mine's an EC1000...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Couple of things that bother me about this coach. First the data tag number is 3461 built in August, 1987. That does not fit the Regency numbering scheme but fits perfectly with the Regal, Breakaway, special builds numbers. I have never saw a Regency with those taillights and have never saw a Regency with that dash layout.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
As the CL ad reads now, I can't find REGENCY therein. So, the first post here was an error.
I do find "on par with Prevost"
We know better than that.
I note 70K on the ENGINE.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have never saw a Regency with those taillights and have never saw a Regency with that dash layout.

The taillights are the same as my Breakaway, and the dash (center console) is Breakaway style. However, This was a transition time for Barth...

But it would appear to be a Super Breakaway, or the first under-32' Regency. It has an athwartships bed, with the headboard on the street side, and oddity. I don't recall having seen a Regency with that bed configuration.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
looks as though it used to be rear twin beds

What else has a full-width hatch above the rear louvers?

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post