Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1972 25-ft Barth Motorcoach for sale Make Offer
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I have a 1972 Barth Motorcoach for Sale. It is located on a piece of property I bought near my house a few months ago. It doesn't look like much, but the previous owner thought enough of it to build a fenced enclosure around it, and also a pole barn to house it that he never finished.

He drove it up from Florida 3+ years ago, and it has been sitting ever since.

Unfortunately, I do not know much about RV's, or Barth's in general. It has a Chevy 454 motor, and by the looks of it, will need a new radiator.

Other than that, the door needs some work where someone pried it open. A couple of the tires are low, but do not appear to be badly weather-checked.

This unit is old and dirty, but appears to be complete.

I will accept any reasonable offer on this Motor Coach. I have had offers to scrap it for the metal and to sell the motor/transmission, but that would be a shame to do this to the old-girl. I figured someone on this forum might want it to restore or use for parts before I went the scrapyard route.

If anyone is interest, please call Brian at 423-768-5270 or email at beverettdennis@yahoo.com

The RV is located in Butler, TN which is the far NE corner of the state in the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Thanks for looking!

Posts: 4 | Location: Tennessee | Member Since: 08-08-2012Report This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
It looks like it could be a nice coach for someone to take care of.

If you do decide to scrap it, SAVE THE WINDSHIELDS!
Those early windshields are rare and we currently have no new source for them. I noticed the driver side is fogged at the bottom but that's better than a cracked one!

Good luck with the sale, hopefully you can find an interested buyer!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5186 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your reply Steve. I will only scrap her as a last resort, I have had people ask me to do so, but I just don't feel right about it. If I have to, the windshields will be saved - they look impossible to replace.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BDennis:
they look impossible to replace.

Actually, they do not LOOK impossible to replace. One might assume that they could be. But, nobody I have heard from ever determined from what truck it was adapted.
This Barth is certainly one-of-a-kind to have a mast and sail Click

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
I wondered if that was an awning on top???

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
No, it's a mast for a sail ROTFLMAO
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, I think that is the awning on top. You could adapt it to a sail if you want to, might save on gas. Instead of 4 MPG, you might get 4.5 MPG with the sail...

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:

It's either an awning or a roller-reefed spritsail for a Barth Cutter. I think they only made a couple.

Nice boats, though.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Its not tall enough for a sloop.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
I just ran an ebay search and saw this listed there as a classified for $1500.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is actually the "ultra-rare" topside awning option only offered on the 1972 models....that is the first and only one I have EVER seen....

As I understand, they quit offering it because it had a tendancy to fly off while going down the highway hitting vehicles behind...

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This Barth has been sold. Hopefully the new owner will help restore her to original glory. Thanks to all!