Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1982 Barth MCC 35' For Sale
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of JoeFWB1980
posted
My father recently passed away and left his MCC as part of the estate. He purchased it new in 1983 so my two brothers and I have grown up camping in it, but all three of us lead different lives now and do not have space and time for a large motor coach. It's always been garage kept or under a covered shelter. It has all original drivetrain, 8.2L Detroit Diesel paired with the infamous Allison Transmission. It's got 59k original miles and is located in central Louisiana. I live in Forida and can be reached at 850-543-5704 or email me at joefwb1980@aol.com for more info.

Regards,
Joe Guilloryjoefwb1980@aol.com

Joe Guillory
Terrel Guillory (deceased)
1982 MCC # 0029

Posts: 24 | Location: Home is Pensacola FL... MCC is in Pineville LA | Member Since: 06-08-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Joe, sorry to hear that you lost your father -- a very low point in your life, I'm sure. miss my Dad and find it hard to believe he's been gone 3 1/2 yrs. The loss still hurts.

It would be very advantageous for you to post a number of pictures (including the data tag) and post more details -- good and bad -- about your father's coach.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Please do, and indicate a price.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
The Detroit Diesel is one more stout engine. My son's tractor has one with 1.3 million miles and it is still going strong.

tom taylor

Posts: 306 | Location: Jacksonville FL | Member Since: 05-21-2012Report This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Why is the Allison transmission "infamous"?

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Report This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
....mine is 0028 with about same mileage

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Report This Post
Picture of JoeFWB1980
posted Hide Post
Poor choice of words... not "infamous", more like "desirable" Allison Transmission. It's good, not bad. I have not figured out yet how to add photos to the site but I'll get there. The data tag is one that I sent to the site a few years ago, I see it posted under Data Tags, look for MCC 0029. We will be asking $20k obo. It has only two know issues that will need work before driving. 1) the right front air brake is stuck closed and 2) the radiator neck has rusted through and will not hold the cap. It's located in Pineville, LA and I live in Pensacola, FL so some coordination would need to be planned to see the coach over a weekend. My contact info is 850-543-5704 or joefwb1980@aol.com

Doug yours is the same color scheme as Dad's. I guess they came off the line about the same time. He also used to have a friend in the 80's with the same color scheme, I believe Richard Meche was his name. I can remember parking them side by side at Good Sam Rallys.

Joe Guillory
1982 MCC # 0029

Posts: 24 | Location: Home is Pensacola FL... MCC is in Pineville LA | Member Since: 06-08-2004Report This Post
Picture of JoeFWB1980
posted Hide Post
Great News!!! When I went back to LA this weekend my brother and I took a lot of photos of the MCC inside and out. She also cranked on the first try, with the help of the Aux battery button. We ran it for about 20 minutes, pumped the air brakes a few times, tested out the leveling jacks, and made sure the temps were staying low. It's got 56k miles on it, with 1818 hours. I saw no signs of a rusted radiator cap as previously thought. We did not move the rig as the ground was very wet and not much space to turn around. If anyone's interested in additional pics please email me. Based on the good condition it's in, we will be asking $20k for her.

Joe Guillory
1982 MCC # 0029

Picture of JoeFWB1980
posted Hide Post
I posted a bunch of photos in the FMC Yahoo Groups site since the MCC is kind of a cross-breed. Never used photobucket before.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/.../1693951861/pic/list

Joe Guillory
1982 MCC # 0029

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
your link gets:
"To enjoy this Web-only feature of FMCMotorCoach, you need to enable Web Access.

With Web Access, you'll enjoy your group's online photos, polls, links, message archive search, and more!
Get Web Access to FMCMotorCoach

If you already receive email from FMCMotorCoach, its easy to get Web Access and make your Yahoo! Group experience complete.To activate Web Acces for FMCMotorCoach, click "Get Started Now".
Get Started Now
Not a Member of FMCMotorCoach?

If you are not currently a member of FMCMotorCoach, join this group now."

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Picture of hemi354az (FMC #120)
posted Hide Post
To see Joe's great photos of his MCC, you will have to join (name/password of your choice) the Yahoo FMC website (http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/FMCMotorCoach/).

For more "FMC" information please see my recent entry in the General Discussions Forum on this Barth website. Lou #120 FMC.

Posts: 36 | Location: Shopsdale, Aridzona | Member Since: 09-07-2010Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
your link gets:
"To enjoy this Web-only feature of FMCMotorCoach, you need to enable Web Access.

With Web Access, you'll enjoy your group's online photos, polls, links, message archive search, and more!
Get Web Access to FMCMotorCoach

If you already receive email from FMCMotorCoach, its easy to get Web Access and make your Yahoo! Group experience complete.To activate Web Acces for FMCMotorCoach, click "Get Started Now".
Get Started Now
Not a Member of FMCMotorCoach?

If you are not currently a member of FMCMotorCoach, join this group now."

1995 Regal 31 Ft.
Ford F 53 Chassis
460 EFI

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/16
Picture of coaster48
posted Hide Post
Oops!
Did not mean to comment!

1995 Regal 31 Ft.
Ford F 53 Chassis
460 EFI

Posts: 93 | Location: Sechelt,B.C. Canada | Member Since: 03-17-2005Report This Post
Picture of JoeFWB1980
posted Hide Post
sorry for the mass confusion with trying to see the photos on the FMC yahoo groups website. I'll try to find some extra time this week to check out this photobucket thing you're talking about.

Joe Guillory
1982 MCC # 0029

Picture of JoeFWB1980
posted Hide Post
Photobucket 1982 Barth MCC 0029

Let's see if this works...

Joe Guillory
1982 MCC # 0029