Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1989 Barth Royale - FOR SALE
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Hi - Had decided to sell this last year but haven't gotten around to it yet - it is currently in Ontario and we are in Arizona, but thought now would be a good time to let anyone interested know that we will be selling it. If you look back in the posts there might be photos of it, and the description etc. We replaced the 454 motor, transmission, tires, water heater, etc. etc. - anything that we found needed doing, we did. It has no leaks physically or mechanically, runs great and is ready for a new owner. We really do have to sell it as we spend all our spare time in Arizona and we bought there so we have no need for a coach at all now. Our AZ phone number is 928-344-2874 if you have any queries. My photos are on my computer in Ontario so none available right now but hopefully they might be somewhere in Dave's files?

Thanks
Linda & Dave

Linda & Dave

Posts: 12 | Location: Ontario Canada & Yuma | Member Since: 11-22-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I found some photos - if anyone is really interested, email me and I can send some to them:
auctionannie@sympatico.ca
Thanks

Linda & Dave

Posts: 12 | Location: Ontario Canada & Yuma | Member Since: 11-22-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi - Our coach is for sale - we really do need to sell it as his health is failing and we bought in
a place in Yuma - but he was hospitalized there last month so we may have to sell that also -- we are back in Canada now - we had to get a faulty battery replaced - one person came to see the Barth and the battery failed! So - now it is again available and we are in Ontario - have pics. Email or phone - 519-488-0342 -
Thanks
Linda & Dave

Linda & Dave

posted Hide Post
We are open to reasonable offers - Dave needs surgery shortly and I want it sold asap! Anyone knowing of someone who is looking for a good Barth, please pass the message on that this one is going to go and soon!
Thanks in advance for any assistance in helping us sell it.
Linda & Dave

Linda & Dave

posted Hide Post
Price is going down as we speak - unfortunately the trader put in an incorrect area code so the calls are minimal - have a couple of interested people but interest doesn't a sale make. It has to go and a deal is to be had by someone. We are looking at it from the perspective that we had the trip of a lifetime in it, found the place in Yuma and Dave enjoyed it while he could. The loss is actually just the reasonable cost of our enjoyment for the last few years. Hence we are open to offers.
Thanks

Linda & Dave

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
is this still available?
$$$ price ??

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Probably.
It was at Elgin RV in St. Thomas On. (905 633-7577) when we looked at it. I believe it was staying there in storage for the winter.
Don
quote:
Originally posted by Doug Smiley:
is this still available?
$$$ price ??

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Report This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
RE:Posted 26 February 2006 02:00 AM
Here are some pictures of the coach....

Ok Dave: tried to click on the above pictures but get invalid response: "9291009061 is an invalid value for m."

Any ideas where they are?

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
this coach has been for sale on the website for what 2-3 years. I have always had questions about it origins because the wood work and other parts of the coach just didn't look Barth. But what do I know?

I think that when I culled some of the very old ads last year we might have lost Dave and Linds'a ad. I am looking through all of my old photos to see if I can find them..

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don in Niagara:
Probably.
It was at Elgin RV in St. Thomas On. (905 633-7577) when we looked at it. I believe it was staying there in storage for the winter.
Don

Hey Don,

Did you happen to snap any pictures of it while you were there? How nice of a unit was it? It sounds like they put a bunch of money into this Barth (i.e. engine, trans, etc).

Posts: 45 | Location: Canada | Member Since: 03-19-2007Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bowers:
I have always had questions about it origins because the wood work and other parts of the coach just didn't look Barth. But what do I know?

I did a little work on the coach a few years back. It is all Barth. The interior is very typical.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
We took no pictures. It was inside the shop when we saw it at Elgin. Have you given them a call? It may still be there.
There is an exterior in Dave's Photobucket album under "1989 Royal" not "Royale".
Don
quote:
Originally posted by Noob Goldberg:
quote:
Originally posted by Don in Niagara:
Probably.
Don

Hey Don,

Did you happen to snap any pictures of it while you were there? How nice of a unit was it? It sounds like they put a bunch of money into this Barth (i.e. engine, trans, etc).

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
OK. So I tried to find it in Dave's Photobucket album and it comes up unavailable. It is in his Imagestation photos though, under 1989 Royal.

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

posted Hide Post
Ah, there it is. Thanks, Don! I might have time today to wander over to Elgin RV; if I do I'll give them a call first.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with Elgin RV, and it's still there, with an asking price of $19,000.

posted Hide Post
Okay, I did manage to get over there and snap a few pictures before the place closed. I didn't get a chance to drive it, unfortunately, because the batteries were disconnected and the RV guy on site was busy fixing a huge diesel pusher. Also it was right before closing time.

Anyway, it needs a good wash (inside and out!) so take that into consideration when looking at these pictures. Some of the paint is starting to flake, especially around the top at the back, and in a couple of other places. On the curbside, the little piece of aluminum sticking down between the two tires is unsupported and flops in the breeze. The tires are brand new, by the looks of it. The interior needs a good cleaning, the drivers and passengers seats need to be reupholstered, and various little things need some TLC. The cabinets are solid and didn't look or feel abused, from what I could tell. I couldn't test the appliances (no gas), the electrical system (batteries disconnected), the generator (ditto), or the engine. Linda has mentioned that the engine and tranny were already replaced, so I'd assume they worked fine.

The bathroom is fully enclosed with a solid door, with two additional accordion doors separated the area from both the bedroom and kitchen. There is plenty of cupboard and closet space in this unit.

You can find about 45 pictures I took on Photobucket. I've also attached a few pictures here to show the general layout of the unit.