Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1985 Barth Regal 25 ft -Needs some TLC -
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Ok everyone, I am going to try a shot at this again. My father is still trying to sell his Barth Coach. It has a 454 Engine. It is running well, but there are a few things wrong. The Heater core has been bypassed, the springs and air bags are in need of repair, but the engine is running good. The outside is beige and on close inspection has chips and scratches especially on the front, the caulking around the windows needs replaced, but they are not leaking---the rear window gasket needs replaced (he is ordering that), the generator-hatch door latch is broken, the inside the carpet is worn , the upholstery shows some wear, and some of the electric switches are not functioning. The AC is currently being checked to see if it needs freon.

Last week it had new calipers and a new brake line on one side. In the last six months, it has had new brake line on other side, new gas filter, generator belt, fan belt, it has rebuilt transmission (2 yrs ago). (and some other things that I can't think of) It has not been driven alot, but is currently in good running order. (I am not a mechanic, but our mechanic claims it is running good). I will get the check list from Dave and try to fill it out as best as I can.

I think the Coach is nice, it just needs alittle TLC to be perfect. I guess I didn't understand that the coaches you post here are vintage. If anyone is looking for a coach this size, my father is VERY NEGOTIABLE on his list price of 8,000.00

You can email me any questions.

[This message has been edited by cootst (edited April 11, 2005).]

Posts: 4 | Location: Mansfield, Ohio | Member Since: 05-24-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The price has been reduced to 6,300.00.

posted Hide Post
The posting on this shows that you had some work done to the coach. Did you get everything taken care of? If you have dropped the price, what other things does the coach need that your factering into the lower cost? Also, how old are the tires, over 7 years?

Thanks,

Jeff Larsen

Posts: 37 | Location: Salem, Oregon, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeff,

Everything that has been done to the coach in the past few months is listed. The price is taking into account the above things that need to be done and therefore reducing the price. I believe someone could take the difference (about 1,700.00) and use it to make this a really nice coach. My father is a retired minister on a fixed income and simply not able to put alot more money into the coach. We thought this would be a better way to get it sold. I do not know the age of the tires.

[This message has been edited by cootst (edited April 19, 2005).]

posted Hide Post
I think my tires may be approaching 6 years old but you can't tell it by looking. Like everything else, a lot depends on the owner's care. In my case, evidently, the tires were kept covered and treated with an ArmorAll type product. Six years old but less than 15,000K on them and they still look fairly new. No checking whatsoever and plenty of tread. The fronts will need replacing in another year or so due to turning wear beginning to round out the sharp edges but still safe tread depth.

Just my 2 cents, YMMV
don

Posts: 130 | Location: Hattiesburg, MS, USA | Member Since: 08-31-2004Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
OK Don, Just to open up another can of worms, I've been told that Armorall is the worst thing you can do to tires. Something about it being a petrol based product and having a chemical reaction with the rubber that makes it look pretty but actually breaks down the integrity of the rubber. As always, there are a lot of guys on this site with a lot more knowledge than me and I hope to hear from them about this important subject.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Zeeff:
OK Don, Just to open up another can of worms, I've been told that Armorall is the worst thing you can do to tires. Something about it being a petrol based product and having a chemical reaction with the rubber that makes it look pretty but actually breaks down the integrity of the rubber. As always, there are a lot of guys on this site with a lot more knowledge than me and I hope to hear from them about this important subject.

i have been told by my michelin tire dealer that if you put armorall on a michelin tire you void the warranty. you need to check with the tire dealer for your brand of tire for what you can put on there tires.

KEITH WHITE
RETIRED U.S.ARMY
71 24'L P-30 350+
77 27' P-30 454

[This message has been edited by keithwhite (edited April 19, 2005).]

Posts: 27 | Location: KILLEEN TX | Member Since: 02-11-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not go to the Armour-All site and ask them? I would think they would be honest as law suits are NOT what they need. But then again????

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Don't get me wrong. I use Armorall a ton and it works very well on dashboards and interior vinyl type surfaces. One question. Am I the only one stupid enough to Armorall their motorcycle seat? You don't do something like that twice!!

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Never had a motorcycle seat to Armorall, but I once used a similar product to spiff up some teak trim on a small cruiser I owned. It's a lot more painful to slip and fall on a bunch of deck hardware, than it is to slip off a motorcycle seat (unless of course you do that at speed).

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hey Roy, The first time you realize you made a mistake is when you hit the throttle and slide off the back onto the taillight, then you hit the break and wind up on the gas cap!

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
My Metrallas have a strip of roughout leather down the center of the seat for traction.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
A new employee wiped Armour-All on the steering wheel of one of our Ryder trucks a few years back, and at that time they did not have POWER STEERING. Talk about SLIPPING AND SLIDING...

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Report This Post
Picture of Bill Stevson
posted Hide Post
Where are the thread drift police when we need them? ;~)

Posts: 113 | Location: Macks Creek, MO | Member Since: 11-02-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
THIS BARTH IS SOLD. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO CAME TO LOOK AT IT AND ESPECIALLY TO DAVE FOR ALLOWING IT TO BE POSTED ON THIS SITE. A DONATION WILL FOLLOW.