1991 Barth Regency
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please contact Jerry Khttps: at (708) 280-4184
or gkraiss@att.net

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I've tried reaching out to Jerry about his Barth, but I haven't been able to get in touch with him. Does anyone know if he has sold it yet?

Posts: 3 | Location: GA | Member Since: 11-12-2019Report This Post
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elizabarth Taylor:
I've tried reaching out to Jerry about his Barth, but I haven't been able to get in touch with him. Does anyone know if he has sold it yet?

??You "reached out" hmm OR did you PHONE him and there was no answer/not a working number??

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Wonder if Elizabeth Taylor is related to Barth Brooks? ROTFLMAO

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 9 | Location: chicago ill | Member Since: 06-06-2019Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi Elizabeth this is Jerry Kraiss with 1991 barth. call me at 708 280 4184 and leave a message if i dont answer. I will return your call it as soon as I get it.Yes it is still available. email address gkraiss@att.net

Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Wonder if Elizabeth Taylor is related to Barth Brooks? ROTFLMAO

Jim

Good one ROTFLMAO
Perhaps same person.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heather:
Good Morning,

Is this coach still available? We recently lost our coach to fire in September and are looking to replace her with another Barth (hopefully).

Any information is appreciated.

Heather
Maine

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jerry kraiss:
quote:
Originally posted by Heather:
Good Morning,

Is this coach still available? We recently lost our coach to fire in September and are looking to replace her with another Barth (hopefully).

Any information is appreciated.

Heather
Maine

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
quote:

??You "reached out" hmm OR did you PHONE him and there was no answer/not a working number??

posted Hide Post
quote:
hi elizabarth this jerry kraiss on 1991 barth. yes it is still available call me at 708 280 4184 and i will fill you in. also email gkraiss@att.net

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I have spoken with Jerry a few days ago and he has reduced his price to $15,000. Good coach great price

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Report This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Good luck, Jerry. As Ed said, this is a very nice coach, new engine, at a bargain price, yet still for sale.

Sadly, it appears this is a reflection of the state of mind of many buyers today. Dana's Breakaway was a really nice coach, very well maintained, turnkey driveaway coach at a very reasonable price, and it sat on the market for a while. Now we have another really nice coach, new engine, etc and a really good price.

Admittedly, the banks have something to do with this. Banks are often reluctant to loan money on older coaches, forcing the buyers into cash sales. New coaches have warrantees, older ones don't. Even so, it appears that coaches 20 years or older have some stigma in the minds of buyers.

As the owner of one of the newest Barths, now over 20 years old, all Barth owners are now in the same boat as to market preferences.

Having bought and sold the 86 Regal, I saw this on both ends. I did not pay much for the 86. By the time I worked on it to my liking I had spent enough money to ensure I could not sell it for what I had invested, and "lost money" on the sale. No matter. I had the coach for 6 years, about 45,000 miles, very little trouble on the road, met many new friends and enjoyed almost every minute of it. My costs were still far less than I would have paid for a new coach.

My 98 Monarch will be the same. I could no way sell it for what I have invested but I have no intention of selling.

As sellers, we are at the whim of the market and cannot get premium prices any more. Still, the financing costs, depreciation and insurance costs on new coaches are so high I am surprised buyers will go that route.

I hope there are still a few educated buyers that are willing to buy our coaches. They will usually find them servicable and affordable.

In the case of this coach, I believe it will be a good value to the buyer, serve them well and not cost that much to buy and maintain. Good luck to both Jerry and the prospective new owners.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Jerry still has his coach for sale, he will consider offers, he would like to move it.

His contact #708 280 4184

Give him a call certainly worth what he is asking and will negotiate!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Jerry has called me and what it posted that he has reduced his price to $12,500!

Gotta be the deal of 2020

His contact #708 280 4184

Give him a call and he will negotiate!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater