Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1973 Barth 26'
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Maurice L
posted
I have an excellent 1973 Barth for sale - its a 26' loaded with all the features. Its on a Chevrolet chassis, 454 cu in auto. Comes complete with a 5 KW Onan generator with very few hours, roof a/c and on the dash. It's almost all original - the factory installed shag carpet, drapes, circulating toilet, vacuum ... Everything works. My dad bought it new - actually I drove it home new from the factory in 1973. Only 30,500 original miles. I hate to part with it but I guess the time has come. Lots of extra parts - some sheet metal, a new grill that has never been used,... Photos to follow. Plse post a note if interested.

Posts: 7 | Location: Calgary, Alberta | Member Since: 01-11-2008Report This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
posted Hide Post
intereted in price and pictures...thanks. jj

Posts: 6 | Location: Marion, Iowa USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Report This Post
Picture of Maurice L
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JJ:
intereted in price and pictures...thanks. jj
I'm struggling with posting the pics. Here is one pic and if it works I'll add more.

[edit]2/26-removed 12 attachments
from our servers and placed them
into Photobucket. Create clickable
thumbnails that will expand once
clicked. Place all photos back in post.
Bill N.Y.[/edit]

Posts: 7 | Location: Calgary, Alberta | Member Since: 01-11-2008Report This Post
Picture of Maurice L
posted Hide Post
Thx for the help with the pictures Bill. Re the price I'm asking $8500. I can be contacted at (403) xxx-xxxx for additional info.

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I really like it! Hard to see what she really looks like but from what we can see it's unique, it's pretty, and it's in incredible shape. Not interested myself, but worth a look for anyone who is.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3482 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
Hard to see what she really looks like but from what we can see it's unique, it's pretty, and it's in incredible shape.
Click on the pictures Danny - They will open into a full size photo.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Picture of Maurice L
posted Hide Post
thx Danny - it's a nice unit in very good condition - there are a few small dents and scratches that have accumulated over the years but nothing that has ever had to be repaired. The unit was stored inside a heated shop for quite a few years. The original tires had to be replaced (permanent flat spots) and I put on aluminum wheels a few years ago. Other than a tune up (still uses distributor points)and maybe replace the valve cover gaskets sometime - its ready to go.

Picture of Maurice L
posted Hide Post
Barth people, my 26' unit is still for sale. I'll be advertising it locally within the next few weeks so if anyone is interested and would like to see more pictures or have questions please let me know. I would be willing to sell it for $7600.

Picture of Maurice L
posted Hide Post
Please note that this motorhome is sold.

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Did you get the $7600 you were asking?

Was the buyer close?

How is the Canadian market and fuel prices up there?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
Picture of Maurice L
posted Hide Post
Yes it was sold for what I wanted to a person living locally. I received a # of calls so I think it was reasonably priced. Gas prices are high everywhere - its about $1.26/litre here (I think that's about $4.77/US gal). My view is that the sky is not falling but the days of cheap energy are gone. Fuel will be available for those that are willing to pay and can afford it -unfortunatly this group is shrinking - but I think there are still lots of people that really value and enjoy this lifestyle.