Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1985 Barth Regal 31ft, 24Kmi P30/454ci, $9000
 Login now/Join our community

posted
My Barth has served me very well, and now it is time to let it go to a better home. My career has moved from field construction work to construction management from an office so I don't need a home away from home anymore, and my wife is expecting our first child so I certainly won't have time for recreational camping.

Here are some links to the last time it was sold and some improvements I documented:

Forum post

Another Forum Post

There is an entire album of photos here:

Barth_Upload Photobucket Album 3212

This is the good, the bad, the ugly, the ok, accessories, and ID tags. If there's something else you want to see feel free to text me I can get you photos of whatever.

THIS IS NOT A PERFECT COACH, This is a low-miles excellent-driving, sharp-looking motorhome that is very livable but needs work. It is 32 Years old. It is not priced like a perfect coach. This is not a "project" that would require work to use, it can go camping tomorrow, it can be a home just the way it is, my wife and I lived in it for 6 months. If you are looking for a perfect motorhome look elsewhere and be prepared to spend far more. I uploaded photos of EVERYTHING, the worst things about it are out in plain view to anyone who is interested. Maybe this was a mistake, but I would prefer to be honest rather than misleading.

That being said:

I can assure a buyer that this unit drives very well and is very livable. It drives very well, shifts solid, and holds the road fantastically. With such low miles it should. The air conditioners work great, the heaters work but I have never used them for long periods. The water heater works but I also have not used it for long periods. The leveling jacks work great, as well as the plumbing system. The dash AC is inoperative. The generator is inoperative but is not seized and is all there. The leveling system works fantastically. Gauges and controls work perfectly with the exception of the tach. The awnings are in marginal condition; they are functional but need new canvases. One muffler is split down the seam, happened before I realized distributor was causing spark loss. The rear-view camera works great, as does the spotlight. It needs windshield wipers.

Since I have owned it I have done the following:
-Remove Ice Maker, replace with shop vac that will be included with the unit.
-Replace Fridge with conventional unit. It worked fine all summer in Lake Worth, FL and all the next summer in Dillon, SC.
-Replace all fuel hose, filters, dropped tank to clean that filter and replace hoses above tank.
-Rebuilt Quadrajet
-Replaced Distributor
-Replaced motor in front AC unit
-Replaced vent cover in bathroom
-Installed covers on AC units
-Recoated roof with elastomeric sealant
-Installed better table
-Replaced radio with Bluetooth enabled Unit

I will also include with the sale:
-Double mattress for rear bed
-Countertop Ice Machine
-Sewer hose and fittings
-Water hose and filter/fittings
-Tow hitch
-Plastic Industrial Grating entry mat
-A few good long strings of lights that tuck between the headliner and the cabinets and provide good general light to the entire living area.

I also have a tow dolly and a reese reciever motorcycle rack that can be negotiated into the deal if someone is interested. I have used both with this barth with great success.

Here is the problem I have, is that I don't know what the value of this coach really is. I feel like I have solved all of the problems with it and it is way more roadworthy and livable than it was when I bought it, but I don't know what that would be worth. I see other coaches with more miles for almost $20K, but I know that mine is not worth that because of the lack of literature and non-factory equipment, as well as the fact that it's not a pristine coach. There are some goodies that come with it, and the option of tow dolly and motorcycle rack. It has been lived in which adds reliability points but also adds wear. All that being said I would like to think it would be worth $9,000, but I am open to negotiation.

Trade offers welcome, I need a pickup truck or box van.

Feel free to call or text (865) 919 - 6818

or email: analogdream86(at)gmail.com

See Slideshow Below for additional images of this coach.

Posts: 21 | Location: Oak Ridge Tennessee | Member Since: 11-11-2013Report This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
The owner of this coach has supplied us with over 125 additional images.

Wait... Images may need time to load onto the slideshow. Smiler

To directly view "All Images", without a slideshow, "Click Here"
> Note: Slideshow does not depict all images. <

The seller of this coach has been very forthcoming with any information requested. Seems like a decent person to talk to and is very approachable. Call, text, email... Thumbs Up

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This coach has a new owner in SC!

I let it go with tow dolly for quite a bit less than I hoped but I feel like this is a good home for a coach that deserves to be enjoyed.

The new home is with a really nice guy with a family of 5 looking to do some touring and camping. I hope he comes to the forums to benefit from the wealth of knowledge here.

Unfortunately he had a rough start to his Barth ownership. The alternator was not functioning apparently and he ended up stranded on a busy highway within a half hour of home and had to get it towed. Hopefully that's all the disappointment he will endure. I feel awful, it must have happened without me realizing because I always keep it on a battery tender and drive during the day. Makes me wonder how long it had been inoperative without my noticing. I feel obligated to pay for his alternator, as this was never the way I expected his travel home to go. I jumped in to drive it out of state without a second thought, I had full confidence in it since I went through the fuel system. Nothing is easy it seems.

Anyway this thread can now be moved to the archives as this coach is no longer available.

Posts: 21 | Location: Oak Ridge Tennessee | Member Since: 11-11-2013Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the posting here Zak. Do not feel as if you were shortchanging the purchaser. I also hope the purchaser did not feel like you were hiding something. Zak, you have been very forthcoming with your Barth as noted here in the previous posts. Like I always say:

"You'll Have That"

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all involved in the transaction.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by analogdream86:
This coach has a new owner in SC!

I let it go with tow dolly for quite a bit less than I hoped but I feel like this is a good home for a coach that deserves to be enjoyed.

The new home is with a really nice guy with a family of 5 looking to do some touring and camping. I hope he comes to the forums to benefit from the wealth of knowledge here.

Unfortunately he had a rough start to his Barth ownership. The alternator was not functioning apparently and he ended up stranded on a busy highway within a half hour of home and had to get it towed. Hopefully that's all the disappointment he will endure. I feel awful, it must have happened without me realizing because I always keep it on a battery tender and drive during the day. Makes me wonder how long it had been inoperative without my noticing. I feel obligated to pay for his alternator, as this was never the way I expected his travel home to go. I jumped in to drive it out of state without a second thought, I had full confidence in it since I went through the fuel system. Nothing is easy it seems.

Anyway this thread can now be moved to the archives as this coach is no longer available.

As far as sellers go you seem to be about the best they come. Thank you for all the photos and being honest about everything.

Posts: 42 | Location: WI | Member Since: 08-06-2016Report This Post