Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
1993 Breakaway on eBAY
 Login now/Join our community

posted
For your bidding pleasure. It's located about 2 hours from me in York, PA. I'd bid but the 190 CTD would seem a bit small of a Barth: Even a 30' one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1993-Barth-Breakaway-30-...QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Best,

<Bill>

Posts: 55 | Location: Hagerstown, MD, USA | Member Since: 07-24-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, okay, before I'm called a liar; I did bid on it. Wonder if there's a Banks system that'll work with this Spartan chassis?

Best,

<Bill>

Posts: 55 | Location: Hagerstown, MD, USA | Member Since: 07-24-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This is the same, exact coach Vanse just recently sold to buy the Monarch, which he then sold.

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
posted Hide Post
Same one I posted here in "Barth Sightings":

http://barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6241087061/m/2721021522

Lots of bids so far, I'm surprised to so many eBayers going after a Barth, given their rare and often unknown nature.

I was under the impression Banks could build a system for any chassis...?

Posts: 374 | Location: Illinois | Member Since: 10-09-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Surprised that it is a 93. Must be a very early because all the other 93s have that I have seen and that is not many have the 6 speed transmission.

You can add the banks stuff to the 5.9B engine. You have to be a little careful as the transmision will not live long with much over 230hp.

I have the banks turbo and intake manifold in the one I bought this past fall. Really nice little coach now that we have it cleaned up and the engine purring.

Lot of bids, but it will slow down. These coaches usually bring 35 to 50 thousand.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1185 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup, Scotty, it's the same one. I hadn't noticed you post before I posted mine. Sorry!

It does look like a nice one. I'd much prefer the 6 speed bit the folk who own those hang onto them and I don't blame them.

Best,

<Bill>

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/09
Founder and Moderator Emeritus
Picture of Dave Bowers
posted Hide Post
I have really always liked these Breakaways. They really put a lot of thought into the floor plan. You have a 30 foot coach without slides and it still doesn't seem too tight.

I have talked with folks who have the 6 speed and the coach is so quiet that you only hear the wind and tire noise. I think someone told me that at 60 mph the 6 speed only turns around 1700 rpms.

Posts: 557 | Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota | Member Since: 02-07-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
I run 1630 RPM @ 60 MPH in 6th and 1900 RPM @ 70 MPH. Yes, at speed all I hear is a slight bit of wind noise around the outside mirrors. Wifey and I converse at normal voice levels, the only annoyance is the rattles out of the frig when some bottle is against the door or some dishes in the sink!

Will be adding some sound proofing around the generator and that will help reduce a bit of noise thru that area while driving also.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Auction ends today, Thursday at 4;30 PST. Only up to 25 and change right now, not up to reserve. If there's not a group waiting to snipe this one at the last minute, it may not bode well for those looking for big bucks from their excellent fairly new coaches. If this was Doug Vance's coach we know it is top notch, according to Dave and others who know Doug.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It ain't over till its over. I don't think its far from what Dave sold it for.

posted Hide Post
Make that Doug...

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Met the minimum and sold at $27,500...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not bad, who says RV's aren't an investment. He got to use it for more than 6 months and sold it for what he paid for it. Only with a Barth. Actually if it was just a little bit closer to summer I might have put in a bid to rebuy it. It is a nice one for sure. That Monarch really spoiled me I have to admit. I doubt I'll find that nice of a Barth for the price again but don't be affraid to try me.

Posts: 75 | Location: Wyoming, MI USA | Member Since: 05-01-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
We looked at Airstreams. Well made. Momma said not enough storage. Inside or out.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post