PAC Brake.
4 Burner Stove.
Sharp Micro/Convection.
Wood Floors in Galley.
AL Wheels.
3 Furnaces with 3 Thermostats.
Dual Roof A/C's.

9 KW Kohler
Good Stuff. (new means less than 4 years old)
New Dometic 110VAC/LPG with icemaker.
6 Michlien tires (less than 10 K mles)
New Shades through out.
New power transfer.
Zenith LCD TV/Monitor Forward (15 inch)
New Carpet. (6 months)
Datron Dome In Motion. (The reciever stays with me).
Trace Inverter.
XM Radio Ant.
Stereo Amp with 9 speakers.
DVD/VCR
Rosen articulating sun visors.
New Front Roof A/C.
New 12VDC Flourecent lights. Most, not all.
New Aisle lights.
Recovered dinette seats.
Reworked "bus air". Works great.
Not So Great Stuff.
Factory Emron or Allgrip Paint,I think, has some scratches, dings and a few dents on rocker panels.
Head Liner needs attention in some areas.
Windshield showing some white "smoke" at the bottom.
Water heater intermittent at times but always starts.
Bed room furnace is INOP.
AM/FM radio INOP.
Fuel gauge is jumpy. (It is warrantied if you get near Port Charlotte, FL.)
Stool has a little play in it.
Smokers and pets have lived in it.
Coach is now located in Waukegan, IL.
NADA prices this coach at between 50 and 60k. We will entertain any offers below those numbers. We are motivated to sell. Email: corpjet@aol.com or call 847-249-2167 or 941-628-7819.

[This message has been edited by davebowers (edited July 28, 2005).]

Posts: 11 | Location: Lake Villa, IL 60046 USA | Member Since: 10-26-2001Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by be58tc:
New power transfer (1 week old). Thats a story! Thanks to a campground.

Is there something we could learn from that? Perhaps you could post on tech?

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
AM/FM radio INOP. (I spilled coffee on it and have not changed it.)

As a retired avionics tech, I was kept very busy by pilots spilling coffee on cockpit controls. I don't know what was worse, the coffee itself or the sugar in it.

Sometimes I could save an audio selector panel or suchlike by blowing a mixture of distilled water and alcohol through it followed by pure alcohol, then dry nitrogen. Good dry compressed air should also work.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Report This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
After many years of working with keyboards of one type or another I am thankful for diet pop. Much less impactive when spilled.

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/08
Picture of Eric Herrle
posted Hide Post
We call it the Pepsi syndrome. Soda in the ARTS/STARS keypack will do it every time.

Posts: 216 | Location: Kailua Kona, HI & E. Waterboro, ME | Member Since: 06-27-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
As a retired avionics tech, I was kept very busy by pilots spilling coffee on cockpit controls. I don't know what was worse, the coffee itself or the sugar in it.

Sometimes I could save an audio selector panel or suchlike by blowing a mixture of distilled water and alcohol through it followed by pure alcohol, then dry nitrogen. Good dry compressed air should also work.

As a retired AA captain, I shorted my share of audio panels.

Posts: 11 | Location: Lake Villa, IL 60046 USA | Member Since: 10-26-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to waste your time on a phone call, but I'd be interested to hear how much you(or the dealer who made you an offer for trade-in) thinks this coach is worth!?!?!?

May be interested in a fraternal twin to SmithBrother.. Then it would be SmithBrother&Son(&wife).... Sounds like there is a few things that need fixing though...

So if you dont mind, how much are you asking for this Barth?

PS - Smithbrother is my father for those who dont know....

Posts: 10 | Location: Indianapolis, IN,US | Member Since: 07-07-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grouchie:
Not to waste your time on a phone call, but I'd be interested to hear how much you(or the dealer who made you an offer for trade-in) thinks this coach is worth!?!?!?

May be interested in a fraternal twin to SmithBrother.. Then it would be SmithBrother&Son(&wife).... Sounds like there is a few things that need fixing though...

So if you dont mind, how much are you asking for this Barth?

PS - Smithbrother is my father for those who dont know....

NADA says it is worth 50 to 60K. Not really that much to fix. So, any offer under 50K will be given serious consideration.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
Is there something we could learn from that? Perhaps you could post on tech?

Check the power with a meter befor plugging in.

posted Hide Post
quote:
As a retired AA captain, I shorted my share of audio panels.

Why would Boeing put the coffee cup holders next to audio panels on the 727 anyway?

posted Hide Post
This Barth is sold! This is also listed in another posting. The posting was for ebay Barth.

By the way the asking price was $37,500.00

Was interested but was a little too dark woodwork and did not look like it had a lot of extreas. Sandy must of had a lot if interest as he did call back but did not send more pictures.

[This message has been edited by jefflarsen (edited July 28, 2005).]

Posts: 37 | Location: Salem, Oregon, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I know this has been reported to have been sold, but does anyone know the name of the buyer? Since it has a lot of the same equipment as ours I would like to have some contact with the new owner. I would imagine most other Barth owners have the name or names of Barth owners with similar equipment to their's that they can share info with from time to time. I also know that some of you DON'T need a buddie as you are experts regarding Barth coaches, but I'm not. Well, I do know how to turn the key to start it, and stretch alittle carpet.

Thanks for hearing me out.

Dale

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the answer to my post regarding who the new owner is of this Barth.

Thom Feit and wife Barb from FL. Thom saw my post today and called me to advise of their purchase. I am glad to now know of someone with a coach like ours so as to share info from time to time. We have plans to meet up with Thom and his wife next week in the Indy area at a KOA site. That will be fun, FOR SURE.

Too he knows the folks that just purchased the Front engine 40' unit off of Ebay.

Dale

Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dale, it is good these folks are finding their dream Barths. I never did receive any additional photos for this coach but I did receive this one photo shown here some years ago. Looks like a very nice coach...

------------------

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight Thom and Barb Feit stopped by our home to visit and show us pictures of the 90 38' Barth they just purchased. They are picking it up this weekend near Chicago and heading to Florida.

We spent 3 plus hours with them, showing ours, reviewing the process we went thru in re-doing our interior, and talking of the things they are going to be doing to theirs. VERY NICE PEOPLE. They will have lots of questions I am sure, and I know this site will welcome such. They really enjoy this site, WELL THE EXCEPTION BEING MY POSTS, hehehe. I hope they provide us with pictures and stories on their remodel process as it moves along.

Sharon and I have now met three Barth owners, and looking forward to meeting many more.

Thanks Thom and Barb for taking the time to come and visit. Holler with us ANYTIME.

Dale and Sharon Smith
Indy