Search
Notify
Tools
AZ: Yuma - 1992 Breakaway
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted
SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD

We have decided to put our Barth up for sale. Actually putting the Newell up also. Just do not need two motor homes. When one sells the other comes off the market.

We bought the Barth to do Alaska in. Wanted to go up by ferry and needed something small with a separate bedroom. Could also be used like a car and it worked.

The floor plan is 30-BS-11B with cherry and corian interior. Tiled the bath and hallway. Also added RO water and instant hot water.

The Allison 542 transmission was replaced with an Allison 2000. This allows cursing 70mph at 1800rpm and getting 10mpg at the same time.

Cummins 5.9B engine power has been bumped up with Banks, fuel plate and injectors. Able to adjust to about 400HP but backed off to an estimated 300HP.

New roof air replaced the original basement air.

Gas powered Honda 4kw with 16 gallon tank replaced propane powered Kohler.

Excellent rubber all around.

Oh yea. Price is $33,500, but will consider any reasonable offer.

Picture from the Barthmobile Choo-Choo GTG in 2008

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1185 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tommy B. Willis
posted Hide Post
Gary, which instant hot water system is in it? We've been thinking about going to that kind of system.
Thanks

A single conversation with a wise man is better than ten years of study.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes a duty."

8408-3125-28FP3
1985 28' Regal
454 Chevrolet
P32 Chassis

Posts: 56 | Location: Central Mississippi  | Member Since: 05-26-2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The instant hot is not whole house, but only a tap at the kitchen sink. Holds about a quart or so. Great for making tea.

5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1185 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Report This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Mine came with Insta Hot, basically an electric on demand tea pot. Here's a link to one of the many retailers. http://www.freshwatersystems.c...-hot-dispensers.aspx

All the ones I've seen are 110V and you should have an on/off switch to activate or disconnect it (no sense running it in storage).

I've not yet seen anyone install the whole house on-demand system as a retrofit. The big issues are either being slaved to 110V or venting a gas unit correctly. I just had a propane one installed at my house (the outdoor type, direct vent) and the offsets required would make it near impossible to comply with in an RV.

My new coach is equipped with an Aqua Hot hydronic on-demand diesel system (it does keep some water in storage though). It is either electric or diesel and provides hot water for both domestic use and heating. It is simply incredible, but extremely costly to install. Most larger coaches have gone hydronic as it is a more space efficient way to get heat throughout the coach. I think there are 8 small hydro radiators in mine, each with its own little fan (3 zones).

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Tell us about the Newell.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Report This Post
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tell us about the Newell.

Yeah, I didn't know you had a Newell.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
There are new pictures of my Barth inserted in my original listing - see above.

I've put some pictures of the Newell in the Mahem forum.

5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Picture of vdubnut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Moonbeam-Express:
I've not yet seen anyone install the whole house on-demand system as a retrofit.

Mine has the original Gas Hot water tank, a 2.5 Gallon 110v ISE plumbed in line, and I will be installing a custom made On-demand "bumper" to the shower line using 1" Copper pipe and a 1500w Hot Water Tank Element and adjustable Thermostat. Very simple design.

Like this but only one loop. This will only click on then the temp in the line drops. Can be plugged into any outlet. Smiler

-Mike

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
1973 25 Foot
P30 Chevy with 454
73021247MC25
Follow My blog
http://73Barth.blogspot.com

Posts: 39 | Location: Bellevue, WA | Member Since: 01-14-2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Gary, would like to talk to you about your Barth if its still on the market. My number is 321-863-1462.

Thanks, John.

Posts: 1 | Location: SpaceCoast | Member Since: 03-06-2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Gary,

My wife and I have been looking for an RV and have just come across the Barth product. From what I have read and seen out there this is the product to have. Never really did like any of the other products either. Curious to know if your coach is still available.

Thank you.

Posts: 2 | Location: Arizona | Member Since: 04-12-2011Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm somewhat familiar with this coach and Gary's abilities to keep it well-maintained (and upgraded). It's certainly worth a serious look!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
I'm somewhat familiar with this coach and Gary's abilities to keep it well-maintained (and upgraded). It's certainly worth a serious look!

Although I'm a newbie here, I recently registered
here to communicate with Carl which I've done. My impression is he isn't quite ready to sell (darn!) but is planing on leaving with the coach this week for an extended trip eventually ending up in Minn. If I don't find another <32 BW or simular, I'll try recontact at another time.
I kind a had the impression his Newell was more coach then he was willing to wheel and wasn't overly excited to sell the BW just yet.. makes sense if your not going to bring a toad.

Posts: 3 | Location: Northwest USA | Member Since: 04-17-2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am ready to sell anytime someone shows me the money. In the meantime, life goes on. The road show will start next week.

I will be in LA for the Barth GTG and after that will be heading to KY.

It will probably be in FL for the shuttle launch in June or July and then to MN until Labor Day. Then back across the big hills to Southern Utah.

So if any rite coasters need to look, here is your chance.

5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

posted Hide Post
Getting more serious about selling the Barth. Price has been dropped to $25,000.

The Barth is now in Elizabethtown, KY until the 25th of July when we start to MN. Will be in MN on the 1st of August. We will be going thru IA to see my Mother the last week of July.

If there is anyone along the route who need to check this Barth out let me know when and where.

5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

posted Hide Post
Gary-

how many miles does your barth have?

Andrew

Posts: 13 | Location: Los Angeles, CA | Member Since: 11-14-2010Report This Post