Search
Notify
Tools
FL. 1979 Barth 27' Complete Restoration
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted
After much painstaking discussion, me and Robin have decided to sell the Barth. After all the man hours that we put into it we thought we would never part with it but times and circumstances change and it needs to go to someone who will get the enjoyment out of it that we can't, I put a lot of effort into trying to have an older motor home without the headache that can come from a older motor homes. That is why we got the Barth because of the quality of the foundation they are noted for. I have tried to fix and/or replace anything that can and will go wrong not to say something will not happen as we all have to live with "Murphy's Law" at one time or another.But that is why we have have Coach.net and a cell phone. I will get some pictures together with a list of things that have been done to it. Anyone interested may call us @ area code xxx-xxx-xxxx most anytime. It is easier to tell you than write it down and I have a Ton of construction pictures. we would like to get $12,500 for it. we have a lot more than that invested, if anyone is interested let us know. Can send pictures. Thanks Richard View Slide Show

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 296 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear you're looking to sell, we were hoping, and still are. to see you at the GTG in December. I'm sure all of the folks that were there last year will echo my sentiment that this is a very nice coach.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Report This Post
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
we plan on being there with or without the Barth we hate to sell it also but i hope whoever get's it can enjoy it and i will know all my work was for the good of the Barth Motor home and will keep one more on the road. I have often thought of starting a Barth Rescue because i have seen some scraped that i know i could fix besides i really love working on them. This is my 3rd one and will not be my last.

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 296 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I [retired age 78] are in the process of recovering from rather major INTERNAL DYSFUNCTIONS! Rather than abandon completely our intent to purchase the newest large size Barth we could locate we have decided to search for ANY age medium to small size Barth in exemplary condition. It would appear that we may have found a wonderful candidate in your restoration.

When you get around to adding additional photos and/or information we would be most grateful to receive/view them.

Best wishes.

Dick and Mary Brown
rbrown740@comcast.net

In search of a vintage Barth.

Posts: 8 | Location: Chambersburg, PA | Member Since: 10-24-2007Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Several of us have seen Richard's Barth; the restoration and upgrades are exceptional.

Richard's an RV tech in Real Life, and he knows his stuff.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Report This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Richard and Robin, I don't know how I missed your post of 06/21/09. I too am sorry to hear that you are selling your Barth. I hope to be able to stop by the FL GTG in Dec. (Barthless) and see you again.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Report This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Kato, Richard also builds race cars, so the rebuild was not just a facelift, it's beautiful from the ground up.
Dick, hope to see you in December again. There will be plenty of chow and you are very welcome, with or without a Barth.

79 Barth Classic

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
This Barth has SOLD!!! Congratulations on your sale Richard and Robin. Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Report This Post
Picture of jsloan
posted Hide Post
It appears that someone got a fine coach. I hope the buyer becomes an active forum member as well!

~Jeff~

1984 28' Regal P30

Posts: 148 | Location: Mississippi | Member Since: 09-13-2009Report This Post
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
Yes they will i am still working on it for them looks like it will reside in Nevada so i want to make sure they have no problems on there journey.

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09

Picture of Ray
posted Hide Post
Richard,
I am sure that was a tough thing to do to sell the Barth, and sorry to see it leave Florida , but you never know maybe there will be another Barth in your future some day for you to restore as well as you did this one...
Ray

1990 28' Barth - John Deere/Oshkosh chassis with 460 Ford

Posts: 110 | Location: Ormond Beach, Florida | Member Since: 04-25-2007Report This Post
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ray, Yes we are sorry to sell it but the person getting it is so excited and he hasn't even seen it except pictures. i am sure there will be another ( This one is # 3) I am already planing a barn to restore it in!!!! Thanks Richard

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Richard, those of us who have seen it know he won't be disappointed. So what are you bringing to the GTG? You said previously that you'd be there even if the coach sold. I don't care if you come in a CruiseAmerica rental, as long as you show up!

79 Barth Classic

Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
Not sure if i will be able to attend at all, as of now i am waiting to here if i will be in North Carolina or not. Will keep you posted!!!

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis