Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

S Utah National Parks
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted
Left Yuma last month and journeyed North. Crossed over the Colorado River on the Hoover Dam and the on to Zion National Park. That was followed by Bryce Canyon, Arches and Canyon Lands. I only have one comment. WOW!

At the last two we stayed in a small BLM campground outside Moab (an off roaders wet dream). The campground is on one side of the Colorado river and the vertical rock wall on the other. Picture was taken on morning as the sun was coming up over the mountains to our rear.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1185 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
These are some of our favorite spots in the SW USA. Spectacular!!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
I see what retirement looks like thru your pictures thank you Tooling Along All who wander are not lost. cheers

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Gary. What route did you take to Moab after Bryce Canyon? Looks like the choices are the Interstates - 15 and 70 then down to Moab, ... or the scenic route from places like St. George to Page on to 180 and 191 north to Moab.
Would that be possible in the Barth towing our Tracker??
Would love to take the LLLONG way home next year!
Cheers
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Tracker will love Moab.

We did 89 to 70 from Bryce to Moab.

The route you might take should not be bad if you do slow.

Absolutely goreous country, but to settle there years ago?

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1185 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Canyonlands One of my favorite places.

Be sure to take lots of water and gas off road.

You can drive down to the Colorado river to cool off.

The Maze is an incredible hike.

I thought the Doll Houses were beautiful.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
I was glad that both Bryce and Arches NP's had large parking lots with long enough spaces to park the Barth with trailer attached. Bryce had a great shuttle bus system. So, I did not need to take the MINI off the trailer. Arches did not. But their angled parking spaces were long enough for me to park and leave the ramps down while I toured the park in the car. needed to keep moving (next stop was G Canyon) and skipped Canyon Lands.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post