Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Road trip
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Kelshe
posted
Kelly and I have been on the road now for 5 weeks. Have traveled up the western coastline starting at Ft. Bragg and are now in Anacortes, WA. We have stayed in some beautiful locations and have had plenty of ocean beach time. When we left home it was 103 degrees, so the coastal temperatures have been wonderful. The Barth took a ferry ride from Port Townsend to Whidby Island, which was a little exciting. We leave Anacortes and the beautiful San Juan Islands after Labor Day and head to cute Bavarian style town Leavenworth, WA. Then start for home.

Barth has done great, and the only problem we have had is the solenoid on the propane tank quit working so we had it removed and are now are on the manual on, off system. No big deal. We are loving our Barth!
Kelly, Sheila, and the wonder Aussie- Sunny.

Posts: 77 | Location: Auburn, CA | Member Since: 11-05-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Way to go! Keep us posted. Thumbs Up

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5171 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
only problem we have had is the solenoid on the propane tank quit working so we had it removed and are now are on the manual

The solenoid on my propane tank is a safety switch that works with the propane sniffer at the doorway of my Barth. The solenoid will shut off the propane at the least little leak. Even if the pilot light on the stove fails to stay lit the sniffer will shut the off the propane solenoid.
For your safety you need a propane sniffer to shut off the propane in the event of a leak. I hope that your manual over-ride valve does not compromise your safety.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post