Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

In Texas now
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
Finished the 1 1/2 mile activities at Mojave last weekend and now am in College Station TX (TWS). Will be leaving for Houston in a few hours. Have a meeting in Houston tomorrow and then some relaxing time before I head to Beeville TX for the Texas Mile Next week Friday-Sunday.

Had a strange Bang and found the bathroom counter top broken, the cabinet front face split open by 1/4 inch and force the counter top upward so a piece broke off. Have done a temporary repair but it looks like I have to replace the top later when I get home.

Pictures later.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Does that come from going over a "Kiss me Quick" bump at 60MPH+? Big Grin

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Finished the Texas Mile last Sunday. Fastest car was the Ford GT.

278.2 MPH from a standing start

It is now a nytromethane (sp) motor.

Had a Subaru go off the track at 200 MPH and left 1800 foot skid marks. Driver was fine.

A Corvette had an intake blow off and a huge fire developed. Driver was fine but when he got out of the car he did not shut down the systems so the fuel and nitrous systems kept running. was spectacular fire to say the least.

I am at Plaster City CA. now at the PlasterBlaster event. This is where they set off rockets in the desert. Some of these things are HUGE and launch FAST. This is an annual event.

Should be back home Monday or Tuesday!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post