Tools
Reply To This Topic

Fall-Winter '08-'09 Trips
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
9/18-22 - Barth Chattanooga GTG. I-10/75/24 to site.

9/23-10/5 - Peach State Star Gaze (PSSG): From Barth GTG, I-24/I-75/I-20 to SR 22 at Crawfordsville, GA, SR 47 to Sharon, local to site. Return SR 47/22/I-20 to SR-44 to Eatonton, then US 129 to I-16 at Macon, to I-75/10/SR 100 to home.

10/23-11/02 - Chiefland Star Party: Local to SR 235/SR 26/US 129/US 19 to local.

12/05-12-07 - Barth FL GTG - local to SR 235/SR 121/I-75/SR 54/US 301 to Hillsborough State Park

12/19-01/03/09 - Christmas/New Year in The Great White North (45 miles NE of KCMO): CR 231/SR 100/US 41/I-10/I-75/I-24/I-57/I-64/I-70/SR 291/I-35/SR 116/US-69 to local.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The Barth GTG at Chattanooga and the Peach State Star Gaze are checked off, as is a couple of days mooching off Nick, Donna, and Darrell Cagle. I got home 3 PM today after an uneventful trip from the Peach State. Great driving day - overcast with light rain to south of Macon, then again GA line to a mile from home.

Planned to leave Sunday, 10/05, but two of us installed 9 x 30A RV stations (finished up yesterday), and much of the work was on hold due to the folks there for the star party.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Hey Rusty
We'll be pulling out of the frozen north after Christmas, but we still haven't decided where to.
We need to get home again around the middle of Feb. for the birth of our 1st grandchild.
So.. been looking at easy air connections from south Texas, and Orlando into Buffalo NY. We'll probably stay around for a couple of weeks to greet the new grandchild, then fly back south to the Barth and resume the winter interlude 'til the middle of April or so.
Just can't decide where to hang our hats this year. We'd love to go back to Az., but that's a much longer flight.
Florida, south of Orlando would probably be easy, but we need to get reservations somewhere because Florida fills right up fast.
Would really like to wander along the Gulf Coast too. The redneck riviera to the Rio Grande Valley with a stop in New Orleans. Nice because we wouldn't need reservations anywhere, but it would be almost as long a flight back and forth as Phoenix.
Nice problem to have though! Whatever happens, we will really enjoy travellin in the Barth!
Don and Patty

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Don & Patty, If you're thinking of the left coast I can highly recommend Ramblers Rest. It's a straight short shot from I75, and it's really nice. Kind of pricey for my budget but I don't know what you are used to paying. Venice-Englewood is not near as crowded as Tampa or Naples-Fort Myers, and RR is out in the boonies enough to feel very comfortable. Check it out.
http://www.ramblersrestrv.com/

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post