Tools
Reply To This Topic

Spring trip change of plans
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
As in another post, we hoped to do Collier- Seminole State Park in March.
Unfortunately they aren't going to be up for reservations till March and waiting till then could mean we don't get in ANYWHERE. So anyway, Suzy and I and Jim and Patty are booked at Blue Springs State Park between Orlando and Daytona March 14-16. The bummer here is that the sites are listed as only 30 feet, so Ed & Deb would be a tad oversize. You could call the park and see if you can fudge your length a little, being a motor home and not a tow behind, but we've never been there so we can't say.
Here's acampsite map.
http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/map_of_041/r/camp...gency=FL&parkId=1101
and here's their home page.
http://www.floridastateparks.org/bluespring/default.cfm
You can PM me for the campsites we have reserved, so if Rusty or any of the rest of you can make it, come on by! Rusty, I noticed some nearby campsites say NO shade. Might be some good stargazing.
More info as available.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 08/09

Picture of Ray
posted Hide Post
Speaking of bummers, that is the weekend for my annual trip to Sebring Races otherwise I would be there. It is only 45 minutes away from me. Sorry I will miss this.
This is a nice park known for the Manatees that come in there for the warm water ( 72 year round) although by March they may be gone. If you are a Scuba diver, they have a nice spring to dive or just swim in. The spring empties into the St. Johns river that the park sits on so you may want to bring a fishing pole too.

1990 28' Barth - John Deere/Oshkosh chassis with 460 Ford

Posts: 110 | Location: Ormond Beach, Florida | Member Since: 04-25-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
That W/E is the Moon's First Quarter (which isn't too bad, as it sets early).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
would love to join you since we live about 10 miles from there. Would love to meet some other Barth owners.Besides I have been working on mine for over a year and have been nowhere.Also the person we sold our last Barth to is interested also. How can I post a picture of our not too spoiled shelties like Rusty???

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 296 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rp's barth:
How can I post a picture of our not too spoiled shelties like Rusty???
Like Rusty? As an Avatar?

If you have a picture link let me know the address and I'll link it for you. If you want to upload it, go to your profile and upload into the Avatar folder.

If you need help send me a PM or Email me the picture or link and I'll do it for you.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
And if you'd like a photo of (the not-spoiled) Maggie and Casey for your avatar, I'll get their permission to provide...Big Grin

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Leaving tomorrow for Blue Springs. Weather looks good, maybe some rain Sunday but the Bristol race will be on the tube so we won't suffer. I'll take some pix and post them when we get home.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post