Forums    Barth Journeys    Journey home.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Journey home.
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted
Leaving Pioneer RV here in Anthem Arizona bright and early tomorrow morning for home. We are taking the southern route, I10/I20 thru N.M. and Texas, I30 thru Arkansas and then I40 to Nashville. From there it is mostly straight north on 75 and 71 to Cleveland, then east on 90 to Buffalo.
If you see the big Barth towing a red Chev Tracker give us a wave.
Don and Patty

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
We will be following you May 25th to the Indy 500 from Houston. US 59 to I30 and then same route. We like the Tom Sawyer RV Park in West Memphis Arkansas for overnight on the Mississippi.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip, Tom. We stay there if we are in the area.
We only made it to Willcox Az. today, we were motoring along I10 just outside of town and blew a rear tire. We had just tried to dodge some metal road debris and I think we cut a side wall.
Heard a loud bang, but no other drama.
Spent the rest of the day getting 4 new tires put on the rear. There was nothing wrong with the remaining ones from the old set except they were dated 2003.
We decided that was enough for today, so booked into "Circle of magic rv Park" here in Willcox. friendly, clean place but close to the freeway.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We nearly had Monaghans Sand Dunes State Park on I20 at Monaghans Texas all to ourselves the other night. There was only one other site occupied.
There is a convenient camp Walmart on I20 about 20 mi. west of Texarkana right at the New Boston exit. We stayed there last night.
Tonight we are at the Nashville Country RV Park on I65, exit 98 just north of Nashville. This is a Passport America park so only half price if you are a member. Seems like pretty decent place to stay for a night. Anyone going down I65 in this area should try to take in the buffet lunch or dinner at Casey Jones museum and restaurant in Jackson Tennessee. It is right off the freeway at exit 82A. Great southern cooking!
We had just got settled in here at Nashville Country RV Park when we had another "Barth Experience". Another camper saw us come in and said he just had to come over to see if we really had a genuine Barth. Knew quite a bit about them and told us lots more about our coach than we really needed to know!
I finally remembered to do a mileage check. We made 9.3 mpg on the run along I10/I20 from Willcox Az. to Monaghans Tx.
Don and Patty

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

posted Hide Post
Home again! Our last night out we stayed at the camp Walmart on I71 in Mansfield Ohio. The Tracker had been working fine since the battery died on the trip southwest in December. No go when I tried to start it when we landed in Mansfield. Dead battery again. Since we were parked next to Walmart's auto repair shop I went in and bought a new battery. The old one was the GM original!! 10 years!! Anyway, problem solved but I betcha the Walmart batt doesn't last that long.
This is a good rest stop if anyone is in the area. Gas and diesel with easy access even for us pulling the Tracker and you can walk to the Cracker Barrel, Applebees etc.
Time to unload. Wash the Barth and Tracker. Cut the grass. Do the income tax ... BLAH! etc. etc.
We love our Barth!
Don and Patty

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643