Tools
Reply To This Topic

Getting Ready for the Road
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
Finally! I plan to leave Friday for GA, and at last, the multitude of piddling repairs to StaRV II were done last week, and I started cleaning up the science projects (mildew) on the woodwork - started because it spent a few weeks in the shop without A/C in the humid FL spring.

I'll finish the de-mildewing tomorrow and start the preflight and loadout.

It'll be nice to be on the road again.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Rusty, have a safe and relaxed trip, hope no more issues show up for a long time. I was planning to go East after my October event but now I am trying to get Jane's back surgery scheduled and she will have about 12 weeks of down time. Maybe later I will head East

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I'm hoping for an uneventful trip - the oddest discovery was last Jan, when I replaced the tensioner as the belt let go on my way home from Nick's - the roller was seriously distorted, but it held up for 140 miles to the house.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
M Wrench, tell Jane I am sending good wishes her way.

Rusty, sending good vibes for your trip to GA.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thanks! Got the preflight nearly done today in the heat and humidity.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke