Tools
Reply To This Topic

Midwest road trip
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
We left home Friday, ran north to the bridge, turned left and ended up at my folks place in the Keewenaw penninsula.
Cold and damp as usual, very windy on Saturday so we waited until today to run the family railroad and launch Dad's 1927 wooden boat.

Launching the boat is hard work... (somebody's got to run the winch!) Dad, on the right, got a new heart valve about a month ago and it is working great. He is 86. Bro in law on the left.

We have owned that boat since 1964.

We are heading west tomorrow on our way to the Minnesnowta GTG. Loooking forward to a great time! Thumbs Up cheers

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Steve you have more toys than my Dogs lol See ya Tuesday!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
What a SWEET old girl . Thumbs Up I would love to see pics of the inside .

Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
interior

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Thanks Craig!
We left the UP Mon am. Planned to stop overnight and arrive Tues. Tom called said he would arrive on Mon so we did the 425 miles and arrived at Maiden Rock about 430 Mon PM. Let the fun begin

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We arrived at Maiden Rock RV park for the Minnesnowta GTG Mon afternoon. By Tuesday mid day we had 9 coaches there. Had a great time as usual.

We had planned to continue to Denver to see my sisters but considering the 4-5 more long days of driving and fuel expenses we decide to return home and fly out to Denver later. Since the cat is no longer with us, we can fly and not leave him unattended.

We left Friday AM and drove about 380 miles to a very nice city park in Menominee, MI right on the river across the bridge from Wisconsin. Nice trees, full hookups (30 amp), wifi, clean restrooms, walking distance to downtown. No cable. $35/night

You can see the river from the campsite.

Across the river there is a shipyard working on Navy vessels.

We will head home tomorrow.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Made it home this afternoon. 1500 miles round trip, no problems.

Now it's back to the projects on the coach!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/21
Picture of HeartBarths
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steve

Cool boat!!

Posts: 49 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Member Since: 08-06-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that is Dad's pride and joy. I was 10 when he bought it and it was pretty beat up. As you can see, we are a real tycoon family. Yacht, private railroad, motorcoach, fancy clothes, lol. All old stuff.

Dad is 89 now. Mom had a fatal stroke later that summer (she was 86!), but Dad is still doing well. We are looking forward to another road trip in June. Launch the boat (for the 56th time) June 5,6 then over to the Minnesnowta GTG 7,8,9. Last year we launched but the GTG was cancelled so I missed seeing the Barth folks. It will be good to get back to the routine again this year. Thumbs Up cheers

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/21
Picture of HeartBarths
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Steve VW:
Thanks, that is Dad's pride and joy. I was 10 when he bought it and it was pretty beat up".

Yes, its a beauty. Sorry to hear about your Mom. Looks like they had an exciting life together! Anymd you learned from a pro!!

How does the boat get back in the barn? I must be missing something!! The rudder is pretty big! Lol

PS I have a shy, but sweet cat that might want to travel with you! LOL Maybe I'll make that my tagline since I have a few caTS! LOL

Posts: 49 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Member Since: 08-06-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Boat gets pulled back up on the cart. Rolls out with gravity, the cable winch lets it down slowly. In the fall we line up the boat on the cart and winch it back in.

We have another travel cat now. Our first cat lived 20 yrs. Second cat was 18, died in 2018. We got a Siamese rescue cat later that summer. Had a rough life. Malnourished, lost most of his teeth. County confiscated 3 cats and 5 dogs. He was about 5 when we got him in 2018. Doing well now, spoiled rotten.

The cat is one big reason we have the RV!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp