Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Niagra Falls Trip
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted
Helen & I are trying to get to Niagra Falls next week (Aug 23 or 24). We would like to take the Barth into Canada then cross over the top of the Great Lakes, back in @ International Falls, MN. Any suggestions from anyone who has crossed into Canada? The cats have proper documentation, no guns, etc.
Thanks
Billy T

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.
Powered by Cummins ISL9-450
Onan 8,000 Quiet Diesel Genset
Toad: 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Diesel with M&G Car Brake

Posts: 375 | Location: 1mile north of I-10 Exit 92, Duson, LA USA in The Heart of CAJUN COUNRTY ! ! ! | Member Since: 05-14-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Billy
Will you be crossing into Canada at Buffalo or coming from somewhere else??
The crossing into Canada is a piece of cake. No firewood, no guns, have docs for the pets. A passport makes things easy but is not required yet. Two pieces of official gov't ID, eg birth cert and drivers licence. You will find getting back to the USA is the hard part. They ask more questions and are pickier going in to the US than Canadian Customs is coming into Canada.
You need at least 2 full days around here to see the sights.
You have a place to stay in my driveway if you want to. (Only a 20 amp plug in). You HAVE TO stop by with the Sovereign and have lunch or dinner at the very least. We are about 15 min. out of the tourist zone right on the Niagara River.
Email us at: leaming@vaxxine.com or call us at 905 295-4017

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Wow, Thanks for the info Don... Helen & I appreciate the offer to park but we have no toad and want to plasy the part of the "Tourist" in NF. Friends of ours stayed there 2 weeks ago and told us that a shuttle picks you up for all of the "Things-to-do" Would you guys want to drive out to the campground to meet us? No problem either way.... We will call you later today when we finally get going.

We spent last night (Mon) in Geneva State Park, enjoying the 50 degree evenings with windows open ! ! ! Leaving this morning at the crack of noon hehehe, to head to Niagra Falls RV Park.

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

billynhelen@me.com

Posts: 375 | Location: 1mile north of I-10 Exit 92, Duson, LA USA in The Heart of CAJUN COUNRTY ! ! ! | Member Since: 05-14-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
We will be crossing into Canada from the US Side of the falls. How do I make the picture fit the post? That is way to big...

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

billynhelen@me.com

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by billyt53:
How do I make the picture fit the post? That is way to big...
I did it for you. If you use the attachment feature, I will eventually remove the picture and resize it when I upload it back to my photobucket account. I then attach it back to the barthmobile website.

This saves on storage and still allows anyone to upload a picture to our site.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We all know that ANY Barth is beautiful, but I have to admit Billy's fine widebody is among my all time favorites! Nice clean lines in the paint job, without getting swooshy, and maintaining the Barth look. If you ever have another mental lapse and decide to sell, I hope I know about it.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Danny Z:
If you ever have another mental lapse and decide to sell, I hope I know about it.
Just an FYI. Billy T put his fine Barth up for sale... and just that quick he sent me an email, and it stated.

quote:
Bill,
Pull my post to sell our Barth. I don't know what I was thinking!
Billy T

That post now resides in the sold forum.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Good Morning All!
Helen and I arrived at Niagara Falls Campground Yesterday (8/26) afternoon where we immediately signed up for the US Side tour for this morning and the Canadian Side tour tmrw afternoon. After speaking in length with Don from Niagara last night, we have decided to rent a car and drive back to the falls to watch the extensive fireworks at 10PM every night over the illuminated falls. Don was going to try to meet us and see our Sovereign, but we were 3 days late in leaving and he has committed to helping his son-in-law with his garage. Maybe next time Don!
No picture today, but should have a dandy for the next post. My daughter called last night to let me know that our new Granddaughter should come into the world this morning. Everyone is anticipating that Hurricane Gustave will head toward them and is preparing accordingly. Chat later guys!
Billy & Helen

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

billynhelen@me.com