Tools
Reply To This Topic

Port Angeles
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted
We made it to Port Angeles.

The trip from our home in Florida wacabout 3,400 miles in total. The Barth ran great had a trouble with the starter in South Dekota. Had it replaced and we kept on going. I think we will get a smaller toad. The Silverado is fine in the flatlands. In Idaho was a test.

All is good.

Ed & Deb

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratz. Enjoy Port Angeles' legendary sparkling, sunny weather...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
We are at the Elwha Dam RV Park in Port Angeles. What a great place to stay. The owner operators are gracious folks and are great hosts. Be here for about 10 days then heading back east, up into Canada and then back to Florida. Hope we run into some fellow Barth owners along the way.

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deb&Eds38:
We made it to Port Angeles.

The trip from our home in Florida wacabout 3,400 miles in total. The Barth ran great had a trouble with the starter in South Dekota. Had it replaced and we kept on going. I think we will get a smaller toad. The Silverado is fine in the flatlands. In Idaho was a test.

All is good.

Ed & Deb

Sounds like those starters last about 20 years. Changed mine in October. We are in the UP launching Dad's boat for about the 52nd time. Pics later...

If you come back the northern route, try Michigan, turn right across the bridge. Stop by if you can. Happy trails.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sandytoes
posted Hide Post
The ferries are kind of expensive, both the Blackball to Victoria and the BC Ferries from Vancouver Island back over to the mainland, but Vancouver Island is a wonderful place to live and visit. Maybe you'll have time to come over and enjoy. Welcome to the Pacific Northwest (including BC).

1991 Regal 28' 454 Banks Power Pak

Posts: 80 | Location: Duncan, BC Canada | Member Since: 05-31-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Kelshe
posted Hide Post
We were in the Elwha Dam RV park last Summer! Great place. Loved Port Angeles and they have a nice farmers market on Saturdays. Beautiful country.

Safe travels, Sheila

Posts: 77 | Location: Auburn, CA | Member Since: 11-05-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Our plans have changed a bit. We will be staying in Port Angeles until July then off somewhere. We thought about driving across Canada since we will be going into Ontario to see brother at some point.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Ah, so you'll probably be there for the Day the Sun Shines! Cool

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Rusty
Sounds like you've spent some time here. The sun shines but it has been cool. I have to be positive about it because my kids will be stationed here for three years. I am looking foreword to coming back home to Florida.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Summer in Western Wa. is usually, but not always, on the 2nd Tuesday of August Big Grin

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Guess we'll miss it this time.

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Deb & Ed, it's been raining very regularly down here and by the looks of the radar, your homestead has been getting drenched. Enjoy the rest of your trip and we'll see you when you get back to Fla.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Left Port Angeles July 2 and headed back home. The Barth is running great. We unfortunately had a little fender bender in Ellensburg Washington KOA. We had just unhooked Debs truck to pull into our spot and a guy towing a trailer gong to fast made a hard right and the left side of his trailer hit the truck and almost Deb and pushed it into the Barth. Scratches and broken tail light on the truck and cracked bumper on the Barth from the tow bar. We were lucky. Two minutes before that we were between the truck and Barth disconnecting the tow bar. Police were called but because it was private property they wouldn't even write a report. I guess that's why we have insurance
Life is good

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
gong to fast

Folks just need to slow DOWN. We are not getting any younger. Thank GOD no one was injured.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kevin

We are in Memphis tonight and should be home on Wednesday. This was our first long distance trip that we have made in the last 16 years owning a Barth motor home. We are planning to go out to Port Angeles again next year and hope to make it a 4 month trip

We love our Barth and I plan on making a few upgrades to make the trip more user friendly.

Until then

Ed