Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

oregon coast 4/12/15
 Login now/Join our community

posted
I am loading up the ol barth with my wife, mother in law, kids and a dog. 1st, Swap meet in portland and on down the oregon coast, Astoria to the redwoods, any must see's?

Posts: 1 | Location: IDAHO FALLS, ID | Member Since: 05-02-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/12
Picture of RainCatcher
posted Hide Post
We do the Oregon Coast regularly (at least twice a year) and there are almost too many great spots to name. Everytime we travel the Coast we discover something new, however a few that excel for us are:
The maritime museum in Astoria.
Local Ocean seafood restaurant in Newport if you're into seafood. Also South Beach State Park for camping, The Aquarium and the beaches north and south of Newport are excellent.
The Dunes north of Coos Bay are popular.
Sunset Bay State Park at Charleston just out of Coos Bay is a nice campground. Nearby Shore Acres is a great botanical garden.
Harris Beach in Brookings is a great campground.
My best advice is to take your time and be prepared to stop often. You should have a great time. Tooling Along

"Keep On Truckin"
94 30' Breakaway #3866
5.9 cummins on spartan chassis

Posts: 206 | Location: Seattle | Member Since: 04-22-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post