Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Sevierville TN,
 Login now/Join our community

posted
River Plantation, we are going there tomorrow a.m.. This is the park Al suggested to another Barth owner a few days back. We have been to the general area several times for the Knoxville street rod show so know the way well. Our business affords us every Monday thru Thursday off, so we like short 4 day trips. We will spend three nites there and report on such next week. Al was kind enough to e-mail us other info on the park and we are ready to head out. Oh my bride of 43 years knows where to shop in the area for sure, so any women that want ideas just let her know. We have a rule "one new item in the Barth and one item out" She says "ok, my item in, your item out" Got to love these shoppers. Dale and Sharon Smith

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We took Al's suggestion and went to River Plantation in Sevierville, TN. Sevierville is in the Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, Dollywood area. With this in mind one can always find something interesting to do. The National Park was our main interest. The mountain rivers are so interesting. It rained quite hard as we were approx. 25 miles into the park, and it was fun to see how quickly it effected the river levels. Plenty of places to hike, park, picnic and site see for sure. The RV park is super clean with large sites. It was full so we did not get a river edge site, but that was ok as it was very close and easy to enjoy. The rates are very fair, and the employees very eager to help. We met several new friends, but NO Barth's. Didn't see any on the road from Indy either. One fellow came up and said his best friend in the Chicago area has a Barth just like ours so I told him about the Barthmobile. com site. I had a chance to inspect up close a 1995 Prevost, and a 2004 Mountain Aire. Needless to say they were very nice, and full of interesting gagets, but I have others say it and I agree, it is hard to see $300,000. and up in such. I will continue to love our $43,000. Barth, but happy they love their's too. The only down side of the area was TRAFFIC, and if you want to go somewhere I say do such before 9 a.m., or after 6 p.m. Several shows to go to, and plenty of shopping. The National Park is just, NATURE. We had fun. The Barth ran great too. Thanks Al. Dale and Sharon Smith Indy, the corn field with a race track in the middle.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry we miss you& Sharon,maybe the next time you come to Tenn.we can get together.We would like to see a big Barth.Your Barth look like it a good one. Jay& Shelby

------------------
br2409

Posts: 61 | Location: Harriman,Tn.usa | Member Since: 09-22-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post