Forums    Barth Journeys    Made it to Florida!
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Made it to Florida!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
The Texas Mile shoot out went very well! My timing equipment did not have any issues which is a great relief. We had almost 1500 runs in 3 days, the fasyest car was a Lamborgini at 251.7 MPH and the fastest bike was 261 MPH. This is a standing start and a 1 mile run, speed is measured at the end of the mile (last 132 feet)

Will be catching a cruise ship tomorrow for a 10 day cruise and then back to Fort Lauderdale April 10. Will be making our way back to Texas where I will time the BBORR event the last weekend of April, then home.

3100 + mile so far this trip, left Golied TX late Sunday night and we are at a Pilot station now in Ocala FL. just getting ready to start down to Ft Lauderdale.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Florida! Have a blast on your cruise, you don't even have to drive! The upstairs open-air bars in Aruba are a good place for lunch and libations. Carlos and Charlies is an overpriced tourist trap. I went on the dive trip there and it was great. In Curacao we went across on the ferry and caught an indie cabby that took us on a nice tour. The liquer factory was a highlight. Free samples! He took us back over the bridge to the ship as part of the tour.
Anyway, have fun and enjoy the cruise and take plenty of pix.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
You passed about 20 miles west of my house. I often use that Pilot stop

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I survived the cruise and now giving my guests a tour of the Ft Lauderdale area. We drop them at the Ft Lauderdale airport in about an hour and then will start heading back up to the Orlando area.

Had lots of rain down here the last two days, at least it washed off 3700 miles of road scum!!

We will be headed in the general direction of Ft. Stockton Texas and if anyone along the way would like a quick visit let me know.

phone is:

(408) 354-0123

can email me thru Barthmobile.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
We were hoping you could get up this coast but it doesn't look like that will happen. Hope you had a great cruise and have a safe trip to the next destination.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately, our travels were quite different then originally planned. Cori, will have to catch you next trip.

We have been going thru major areas in the middle of the night, some sight-seeing along the way during the day.

We are in Fredricksburg Texas now headed to Ft Stockton/Sanderson Texas to work the BBORR event this coming weekend.

Sunday next we will be returning home, should be there Wednesday April 28th.

So far have logged almost 6000 miles. Heavy rain out of Houston yesterday but cleared up further west and had a beautiful view of the Texas wild flowers in full bloom.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Ed,

Glad you made it safe, I figured you had moved on as even Disney can't keep your attention when there's a trip ahead.

All in all, you picked a good weather week here, it turned rainy and cool here after you went through.

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post