Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Heading out again tomorrow
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
Tomorrow, July 25 we are heading out to Arnold NE. to work the SORC event Aug 6-9. We are going the south route, long way, thru southern UT. up to Denver and then on to Arnold. Will be returning Aug 10 with a straight drive back home, no detours.

We will leave again on Sep 12 heading to the Chicago area for a class re-union and visiting family, Sep 19 +/- we will be heading to Eastern MI to visit more family, then we will go to upstate NY and follow the coast line down to DC to be at the Barth GTG Oct 9-12, we may have to cut that one a bit short as we have to be in Golied TX Oct 15 to work the Texas Mile shoot-out. Home after all that, will be a long trip but looking forward to it a lot!

One more trip to LV in November and that should be all of the travels for this year.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
Does that route take you through Colorado Springs?

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We may go thru Colorado Springs but have not made that decision yet. We have friends in Buena Vista and may stop there. It all depends on the time we take going thru Utah and Western Colo. If you PM me with your telephone number we could give you a call when we get closer and have a better idea of the timing.

Would like to stop by and visit if at all possible!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Hey, I know some folks in East Mi. Where abouts are ya headin?

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
MWrench; When in Chicago we are just 2 miles off of I-80 4 miles from Indiana border. All who wander are not lost.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted Hide Post
We just finished a thoroughly wonderful evening with Ed and Jane (MWrench) during their trip to Nebraska. This was my first time meeting a barthmobile.com member face to face and it couldn't have been nicer! Truth be told, I'm always a bit nervous in this type of situation, nervous that we won't "hit it off." Not s problem, Ed and Jane are truly great people and we look forward to seeing them again at the Washington GTG or even in California. We might even have to attend a race somewhere along the line. Pictures to follow. Most of them will have to come from Ed and Jane, as usual, our camera was not up to the task with the battery dying and the spare in hiding.

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bill--you beat me to it!! We had a great time visiting with you and your wonderful family! Thanks for your hospitality and great food! It is a highlight of our trip.

Our door is always open to you and yours!

We are safely at Castle Rock Walmart for a nights rest and then on to Rocky Mountain National Park tomorrow. We should be in Arnold NE Wednesday afternoon.

Thanks again Bill and family!!

Ed & Jane

P.S. We will definitely make effort to visit any Barthers on our journeys pathways.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of Jeff & Joy
posted Hide Post
Ed & Jane,

If your on I-75 in Northern Michigan please let Jeff & I know. We are just off the E-way and have extra room for you and your coach.

This goes for anyone. If we are home we would love to have anyone!

Posts: 144 | Location: wolverine, michigan | Member Since: 07-24-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To all along our next route-- we will plan to stop in when in the area, I will post more about the Sept trip and our intended route when it gets closer.

We have just returned from our trip to Arnold NE via LV, Utah and Colo, great trip The real highlight of the trip was meeting Towerguy and family.

We logged 4320 miles, used 423 gals of diesel, averaged $2.55/gal averaged 10.2 MPG, highest elevation was in Rocky Mountain National Park at ~12,000 ft. Still could pull 20 lbs of boost there, guess the turbo is OK! Limited the speeds to 65 MPH on the way there but on the way back 75 MPH where ever the speed limit would permit.

The increased caster and reduced toe-in has made the driving almost pleasurable, certainly MUCH better then before, Encountered a fierce storm in WY with 75 MPH cross winds, exited the fwy as soon as possible but other then some swaying the Barth was completely stable. The lid on the toilet room fan separated (it was down and secure, just old plastic) and we had some water come in but over all not bad.

Where is a good place to get a fantastic vent fan?

Some issues to address now before heading out again but none are that challenging, just some head scratching.

Looking forward to September and meeting up with those on our way and the DC GTG!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where is a good place to get a fantastic vent fan?

[URL]http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-vents-covers-vent-parts-1.htm#Vents - Fantastic Power Vents[/URL] PPL Motor Homes

(Something in the URL is defeating the UBB codes...)

I've dealt with them for over five years, nary a problem.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rusty, order sent.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/09
Picture of GaryG
posted Hide Post
We are in northern New Mexico not all that far from the Colorado border (either Route 84 or 285) and some great scenery, a bit off the beaten path but we have a parking spot, 50 amp electric (and water if needed). Any passing through are welcome to stop overnight if you need a resting place.

Susie and Gary (SUGAR)
Former Owners
'95 Barth Regency 34'

Cummins 8.3 Spartan MM
Allison 6 spd

Posts: 109 | Location: Abiquiu, NM | Member Since: 05-20-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post