Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Valdosta Ga. Cycle Drags
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
geeesh, my phone calculator screwed up, you know the old saying, "garbage in, garbage out" haha!

With bikes, the single biggest factor is coefficient of friction of the power wheel. Bikes are much lighter so that effect is somewhat mitigated but still getting 1500 HP to the ground thru a single drive wheel is challenging.

Fastest bike that I have measured was 278 MPH in the measured mile. This was by Bill Werner (RIP), he actually did 311 in a measured 1 1/2 mile. He was killed trying to do >300 MPH in a measured mile at Loring ME.

One would think that it should be easier to obtain higher speeds in longer distances but that is not necessarily true. Engine power band, gearing, CD, Cf, are things that must designed for a specific distance to run. Drivers are usually in a prone position.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Any way you look at it this is extreme business...

Best to watch from the side, Danny is no fool! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5189 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Weather permitting, Suzie and Sammi and I will be heading up to Valdosta again this weekend. This is the season opener for Man Cup Motorcycle racing and over the years we've become friends with more and more racers, so it gets better every time.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3481 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 01/08
Picture of Deb&Eds38
posted Hide Post
Bike races sound great.
Still have the Tally tickets if your interested.
Ed

Posts: 357 | Location: Ortona- Turkey Creek Florida | Member Since: 10-04-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Due to forecast thunderstorms all day Saturday we cancelled this trip. Sunday is supposed to be OK but I
m not doing a 6 hour trip for one day of racing. We'll try again in November for the finals.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3481 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post