Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Getting ready for more racin'
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
Just got back from the 20th year anniversary running of the SSCC, Ely Nevada. The race is mostly Corvettes now and we had only one "unlimited" class guy and he broke a couple of miles from the start line. Aside from the cruise control malfunction (again) and the muffler separating from the head pipe, the Barth ran well. Was very hot for this time of year out there, the run thru the Mojave and LV was at 100 +/-. Used only the dash air while running, did quite well, wifey was comfortable!

Leaving for Wendover NV. on Jun 5 for the "Bonneville 100" road race on Jun 9. From there we will be heading to Canada, Bamff, Lake Louise, heading over to Vancouver and then down I5 to home, be gone for about 3 weeks this trip. Will have internet on until Canada and then back on after we get back into the States on the way back.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Have safe and pleasant journeys. StaRV II, Maggie, Casey and I will head to Lodi, OH around 6/10 for the Buckeye-on-the-Sky star party, returning around 6/19 (maybe stopping over near Charleston, SC, to measure the occultation of Regulus by the Moon.

I, too, seem to have finally sorted out the dash air issues with the coach, and can hopefully deal with up to 95F with it (so far, so good). The new genset should minimize the ear damage if I have to run the house air.

Home again until 2nd week in July.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Thanks, and you also have a safe pleasant journey.

We should be back by the end of June.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post