Tools
Reply To This Topic

Lake Okechobee
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Leaving tomorrow afternoon for a couple days with some friends at the Lake. We're hooking up at friends place but there is a campground in the area that we'll take a look at, and if it looks good we'll get some pix to post here. I know it's kind of rustic, but some folks like it that way. Sorry we didn't have any pix from Lake Manatee, somebody forgot the camera. We did have a great time there, got enough crappie for dinner and then some, and got to try out the new electric space heater on Saturday night. Gusty winds prevented us from using the awning and patioroom, but we suffered through living within the Euro. Don't bother asking where on Lake Okechobee we're going because I don't have a clue. Our friends are traveling with us in the Euro and they know the way. Have a great Christmas and if you're interested check back here for some pix and info about this area.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Danny,

I haven't posted much lately, but when you mentioned Lake Okechobee it stirred some old memories.

Have you ever been to Juniper Springs in Ocala National Forest? Back in the early seventies, when I lived in Miami, Juniper Springs and all of Ocala National forest were my favorite haunts.

When I first went to Juniper Springs the shower houe used black 55 gallon drums on the roof for hot water. I'm sure it has changed quite a bit by now.

Anyway, thanks for stirring old memories, have a happy and healthy Holiday Season and maybe sometime we will be in the same side of the country and can compare our Euros.

Barry

Posts: 43 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Member Since: 11-16-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hey Barry, great to hear from you again. We went to the northwest side of the lake I think Lakeport. Really a different world. Everyones really laid back and not much to do but fish, eat, and drink, not necessarily in that order, but we had a blast. We haven't been to Juniper springs since 93 but it was very nice. They had albino squirrels by the spring area that would eat out of your hand. Silver Glenn Springs was shut down as a campground at that time, but may be up by now.
Have a great Holiday season and don't be a stranger.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post