Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Reno Air races
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
HI Gang, will be going to Reno Sept 8-16 for the tail end of the Reno balloon races and the Reno air race. I usually go on the Sunday before, and then watch all the qualifying going on on Monday-Wednesday, kinda cool to watch the teams preparing the aircraft for the race.

I don't like crowds so I usually leave on Thursday after the first day of the event.

Monday thru Wednesday, no crowds and Monday/Tuesday it is free. Biggest thing is NO PEOPLE!

My Brother is joining me this time so I will be there probably for the entire event, just have to get RV service thru the week.

Hope the fuel prices decrease a bit after this weekend!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you're up and running, Ed. Seems like you've had a lot of down time with the Breakaway due to the frame, etc. Have fun.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
We usually are in the Industrial complex next to Stead Airport with the semi. Have to check our schedule. Luckily missed last year by a couple days (hope all goes well this year)

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Yes this has been a very interesting few months. with the engine rear main seal replacement, (still have to do the write up) the frame repair, the water pump failure, and building renovation, not a lot of free time.

Marvin+Doris, let me know if you can make it. My brother has a severe knee issue so we will try to get as close in as possible, another reason to go early. Would be great to hook up with you.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post