Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

second trip
 Login now/Join our community

posted
After spending nearly $500 to get our electrical problem taken care of, we decided to venture out again. Getting ready to leave we found out our toad(dingy) kept sounding the alarm on my remco. No elect. to the pump for the trany. So we left the toad home. Lone Pine is about 160 miles from me. About 85 miles into my trip blew a tag tire. You know there are some spot where your cell phone does'nt work. We found one. Using the cb we hailed a trucker who help us contact AAA . With no spare we used a tire from the double to limp into the next town . We paid $296 out the door for a new tire. We did for enjoy ourelves at the Boulder Creek RV Park for three days with full hookups. Mount Whitney is beautiful. No snarls on the way back home. Iam not complaining I'm a quick learner and will get to know this Barth just the way Jonesy did. "I hope!"

Posts: 5 | Location: Victorville,Ca | Member Since: 05-10-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Bill G
posted Hide Post
Jermar,

Sometimes it takes a while to get the Barth really ready to roll. Once you get there you can really begin to enjoy yourself. They will always be a work in progress because of the age, but they are well worth the effort. Every time I work on something else I find a new appreciation for the quality of the craftsmanship as well as for the construction materials.

I would check the rest of your tires for their age. There is a DOT date code on all tires, and six to seven years is their safe limit. You could repeat the same tire failure again soon if the tires are too old.

Happy trails, Bill G

Posts: 515 | Location: West Springfield, Massachusetts, United States | Member Since: 08-31-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post