Forums    Barth Journeys    Many Stops During This Barth Journey.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Many Stops During This Barth Journey.
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted
I will be posting more about the trip to see Bud. Bud is now the retired previous owner of the Barth I own. Bud and Pat are listed in our data tag file. Bud was happy to see me arrive at his retirement community. His wife passed a few year back. Bud was yet happier to see the his old Barth well cared for by me. I asked Bud if he minded a picture on here, and got his approval.
Bud again in the driver seat.

There will be other parts of my journey to post. This seemed to me to be the most important stop!

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Kevin, you do indeed have a big heart!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Yep, a very nice gesture! Thumbs Up

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The question is, does that Barth float? java

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
The question is, does that Barth float? java

The Barth does float if it is inside this little boat.

Steve, I think your cousin was trying to get on the little boat also.

I was told to park here and I could get on the boat.

See the bomb sniffing dog on the right. Ok to board after the bomb sniffing dog searched my rig.

The loading driver just did not realize how much space is needed to make a u-turn in a 38 foot bus.

I was on the boat taking pictures. More to come when Photobucket catches up. The drive from Oshkosh, Wisconsin (where Bud, the previous owner lives) was only about 60 miles but took almost 3 hours to get to Manitowoc, Wisconsin. Manitowoc is where we boarded the SS Badger.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
I knew that Barth could float! Thumbs Up
3 hours for 60 miles? head bang
Wisconsin is contrary I guess. On my way back from the GTG Liz and I had to take a "detour?" of 28 miles to get past a "closed for construction" train crossing!
Cool photos!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
I knew that Barth could float! Thumbs Up
3 hours for 60 miles? head bang
Cool photos!

At 15 miles per hour it is a four hour trip either way. Keep in mind the time does change on the lake. There are more photos but the bucket never got them. I will try again.

posted Hide Post
By the way the tractor trailers, and the oversized load also float with help of the little boat. Yes I am talking about the vehicles in the right of the picture.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Being sort of a arm chair Barthmobilier, I really enjoy seeing pics of the travels the rest of you have. Keep 'em coming.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
Kevin glad you got to take that little boat across the lake. Were you worried when the driver was pulling your Barth in? I'm sure you were watching every minute. It is a definite process to load all those vehicles. Hope you enjoyed the trip.

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom & Loraine:
..worried when the driver was pulling your Barth in? I'm sure you were watching every minute.
Not worried, as they should have good insurance. I was watching it all. I took several pictures of the exterior when I parked it before the loading process. Just in case there was a problem I wanted proof it was damaged on the boat. I did talk to the ship-mate captain and told him it was air and needed to get air up before driving it on the ship.
If anyone else goes on the SS badger, do not disconnect your toad till they ask you to. Drivers always load motorhomes and big rigs on LAST. My car happened to be on first (last off) and so we had to wait 45 minutes for over 100 cars before my tow car came off the boat.
Just in case someone wants to know it was just over $425 for the boat ride. Two people, a car, and a 38 foot Barth.

posted Hide Post
I was showing a friend my posts here on my iPhone. The orientation of the photos is not the same a my desktop PC running windows 10. A bit off topic, but are the photos correct on your device. What device are you using?

posted Hide Post
We had a nice visit with Barb and Lou in Michigan and Mogan David treated us to

Thank you Mark for driving over to join us in breaking bread together with us. cheers