Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Dayton to Daytona
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted
Loaded, Kitchen sink and all we left the freezing weather and headed south. Now trying to avoid the sunburns.

Daytona International Speedway as viewed from the Barth.

Our campsite for the past 3 days.

Heading out in the AM for Blue Spring State Park in DeLand for a few days.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Sweet!

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
How did you like Blue Springs? We had mixed feelings. If you really want to see manatees this is the place, but don't expect to swim or interact with them. I suppose even a cow is exciting to someone who has never seen one. The hiking trail was a dusty 2 tracker that led nowhere. The trail to the spring is nice, but not very long. And canoeing is not allowed in the spring area, only the river, and not very enjoyable to those of us spoiled by Hillsborough. We won't go back, but I wouldn't discourage anyone from stopping there if you're in that area.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Danny, I have been to Blue Springs a few times over the years. Have never stayed in the campground till now. Had a nice site, Boating on the river was great, would like to have had another day or two there.

Site at Blue Spring State Park.

Redneck pontoon boating on St. Johns River.

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Salt Springs is nice. We have been here for over a week and will be here for a few more days. Went thru DeLand twice yesterday to go watch a rocket launch that didn't happen. Frowner Stopped on the way back for an early breakfast at IHop.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Shadow, would love to see a pic of your bus. I have one taken many years ago somewhere out West.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Thumbs Up love that pontoon!!!

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
I also really like the "pontoon" boat. Just goes to show what our Barth people can invent.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
After the stay at Blue Spring SP we headed up A1A on the East Coast. Nice drive up to Jacksonville.

Shore between St. Augustine and Jacksonville,

From Fla. to Durhamtown Plantation MX and Offroad park. 30 Mile SE off Athens GA.

Matthew at Durhamtown MX track

Nice drive thru Georgia over to Ashville. Had Tickets for the Bristol race. Decided not to wait out the rain delay. Fighting headwinds and snow made it home safe. Longest trip we have made in the Regal. Just over 2300 miles.

posted Hide Post
Jim, we have slow internet here, sometimes none, when we get to a better area i will send a few pics to you. Not good at posting pics online.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Thanks. If you want and it's easier, you could send them to my email address listed on my profile. Enjoy your trip.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even better, we may be in Chattanooga around the middle of April to have some work done on the bus. Might be able to swing by and meet you after we are done. Smiler