Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Traffic
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Sloop John B
posted
In my work I use the Interstate,tollroads and most other routes in the Chicago/Northeast Illinois area. This has to be the year of the most construction in area for a long long time. I-80,Toll Road and any other route around the bottom of lake Michigan is being worked on now. Early morning or after rush hour is the best most of the time. Sat. and Sundays can be bad also. I live 2 blocks off of Route 6 which is the truckers way around tollway work if it gts bad. Plaese be careful in this area. Also the State Police have a new systen that flashes your speed on a really big sign in a construction area and can take a picture of you and your license # with a suprise in the mail when you get home if over 45MPH. Drive safe.

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, they can find you....We had a customer that thought he was safe in that he was not in his own car, WELL Avis WILL provide to the police driver info. Yep, he received the ticket. I know, he was not real SMART in thinking they would not find him.

Posts: 629 | Location: INDY,IN USA | Member Since: 06-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Back in the early 70s when I ran the Grand Rapids Chicago route they had a low tech way of catching speeders on the toll way. The ticket you got getting on had the time of day and when you reached the other end they just figured how long it took you. These were 55mph days and I was lucky but some of my steel hauling buddys weren't.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
In Charlotte, they have cameras set up at many intersections that catch you if you go through the light on red, even if just the tail end of your vehicle is involved. My son did a paper in sociology some years ago about the intrusion into privacy by cameras and tv equipment, used by many cities for various purposes. Reminds me of the book written many years ago, "1084" or was it, "A Brave New World" where the authorities had tv monitoring equipment everywhere, just watching. Hmm!

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
They have red light cameras all over the L.A. area. Each one brings in over a million dollars.

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post