Forums    Barth Journeys    Maybe a listing like this?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Maybe a listing like this?
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
check this out:

http://rvparkreviews.com/regio...Scotia/Brooklyn.html

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
I think that is a fine review, but it might be too difficult to link to a GPS. The problem I am trying to overcome is the

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That was cute! If I am trying to plan a trip for leisure I have to spend hours and hours putting waypoints into the TomTom, and locating parks and rv facilities along the route. Then I have to force it to stay off the interstates if I want to visit a series of tourist or historical stops. So my hope is a system that I can use pre-loaded places that I just pick and the map is built for me. None exists so while I work on it I would like to mimic those other park reviews that have been used by our members, including out of the way dry camping. Call it the Trail of Barths'.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Trailer Life Campground Navigator allows trip planning and GPS linking (at least with the DeLorme USB receivers).

I use DeLorme's Street Atlas USA (on the laptop), after marking those RV parks not shown in SA, for navigation.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
I, too, have a TOMTOM and agree that it is real good for the fastest or shortest routes and it is nice to be guided through strange cities [like Houston] at 4:15pm when you are lost but there are times when the back country is much more appealingand in TOMTOM all you can do is avoid toll roads and super highways cause there is no other optionsexcept if you were walking on on a bike. I came back from Mexico last spring through Texas and really enjoyed the side roads with NO traffic and narrow highways....and the cheap gas!!

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a new freeway that leads to the Johnson Space Center and I have uploaded the correction constantly for the last two years but TomTom still thinks it is field so the friendly voice of "Bitchin Betty" keeps screaming at me when I turn for home. A real PITA! Looking at a Garmin now for the truckers so I can avoid low clearances and heavy construction zones. (and locate all diesel truck stops)