Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Half Moon Bay "dream Machines"
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted
An annual event is held at Half Moon Bay Airport and it is called "Dream Machines" I was there fairly early and I wound up parking behind another "dream machine", a '91 Barth Breakaway.

CA license but don't know if was local to me or not. I know there is at least one other Barth in the San Jose, CA area but haven't found the owner yet.

Lot of Hot Rod cars, some good airplanes (P51s, B17, and some OLD engines. Good times walking around, weather could have been better but this is the spring time and fog is very normal.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I really like the color scheme on your Breakaway...I was sorely tempted when Bill Bumstead had that for sale, but at the time I was corralled by a consulting gig and couldn't get away to CO...glad a Barthmobiler got it...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rusty!

We really like it, the interior is the white Oak finish. I had my requirements and wifey had hers and I think this meets all.

Should have all the mechanical/electrical issues resolved by the end of summer. Not much left to do except DRIVE IT!

Have a very busy race season this year so miles will go up in a hurry!

Hope to meet up with you sometime.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
The closest StaRV II will come to California this year may be the Nebraska Star Party, near Valentine, in July. There's a possibility I may swing down to eastern NM (30 miles east of Albuquerque) to look at a friend's property if he hasn't sold it yet...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post