Florida 2019/20
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kenny j:
Hey Steve, this is not the first time this has happened. Remember back in 2006, it was cold in Fiji that April and Keith Richards fell out of the tree.
Ken

ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO (I can easily see Keith Richards mistaken for an iguana!) ROTFLMAO ROTFLMAO

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
All you up north guys, hope you are having a good winter. Sunny and upper 70's this week but I'm sure you wouldn't enjoy it here... too many rules.

Check out the signs: One says: "SLOW, adults at play" (I think it should say: "Slow adults, at play!) ROTFLMAO

Check out the red and white one below... strictly enforced! No fun at all!

If you look carefully above the signs, through the plants, you will see Jim Roller's Monarch.

Life is good. Hope to see you all in June in Minnesnowta!

Have Barth, did travel! Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5181 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Steve, where is this place you're at? Mini and Patch and I might be able to take a day trip to visit ya'll.
Dick

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Steve did you bring that no snowmobiling sign and put it up yourself.

You are not helping my seasonal depression. Now I never would have know to call it that but all the experts say that’s it. I thought if was just sad because we are never seeing the sun and Duane keeps making me feel bad because he thinks I’m trying to flood him.

If you are going to show us Jim’s Monarch you need to do a better job. Make sure to pressure him to come to the GTG. I look forward to meeting him.

Milestone 2.5 years on Wednesday the 5th. If I can just hold it together. All my Barth buddies keep me going..................

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Dick, I am at Oakhaven RV park out King's Highway just outside of Port Charlotte, exit 170 on I75. There is a sister park across the street, Lettuce Lake park, same owner. It would be great to see you any time. We'll be here until mid April.

Dana, that sign has been there for a couple years at least. It is the entrance to the Lettuce Lake park. I can see Jim's coach across the street through my windshield. They are from Napierville, Il. I am trying to talk them into the June GTG. Great folks, Jim is a hoot.

I will post another shot of Jim's coach. It is almost the identical twin to mine. 37 ft Monarch. Same floorplan, his has cherry cabinets, mine are oak. Mine is M0037 his is M0041! We both have earlier Spartan chassis built in 4/95 and are 4 serial #s apart!

Believe me, I know how you feel. I got tired of cold and not seeing any sun for weeks at a time. I tell folks here we have six months of color and six months of black and white. The sunshine here is absolutely wonderful and lots of happy retirees running around at play, like the sign says. Hang in there, 2.5 years will go soon. I remember when I had 3 years to go and it went by OK. Kept telling myself, only two more years, then only one more year. The last year is easy, you can see the light at the end of the tunnel by then. You know, misery loves company, take solice that Duane is whining too! ROTFLMAO

Sounds like Ed will be there in June and you will have a primo generator soon. Midnight will be ready when that 2.5 years slips by. I am looking forward to seeing you all when the snow is gone and the bugs come back! ROTFLMAO

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Here is a shot of Jim's yooper coach. Nice paint job and waxed recently. I asked him to show me how to wax mine but so far he balked!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
This has been a strange winter so far, hardly any sun, cloud cover for weeks. Not super cold, snow though and unpleasant.

I have been retired for over 10 years, had a 32 foot Winnebago for several years, it was big enough to stay a season in Florida, but my spouse is not a fan of RV living, so I never spent a winter in Florida except when I lived there.

Ole nose is a bit to small for a season stay, even if my spouse would agree. There are some really nice larger Barths for sale, and I missed Dana's. If I could get Barbara to agree to at least give it a try, I would buy one and we would be your neighbor next year Steve!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
So what are the chances of two Barth coaches within sight of each other at an RV park?

Pretty good for Jim and I here. Also, at Sun n Fun in Sarasota. Took a ride there today to visit Richard and Nancy Muise:

Across the street the Gordon's Regency!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Another rough day in Florida. I was missing you guys up north. Thought we'd try some ice fishing.

Went to the marina to rent a pontoon boat in case the ice was too thin. We did find some ice there and put it in the cooler.

Ran along the inter coastal waterway. Still no ice.

Stopped at a little island park near the jetty. Beached the boat, went ashore to check out the island.

Never did get any ice fishing but not a bad day. Life is a beach.

Have Barth, did travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
If it keeps on raining I can fish in my front yard

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Wish I'd have known you were up in Venice. I was done working pretty early yesterday. Should be a short day today too but starting tomorrow we'll be back on those long 6 hour days for a while. Glad you got to see Snake Island during the week. On weekends it's jammed packed with boats.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We've been meaning to see you guys but we have been working the Saturday breakfast crew for several weekends in a row. We have this weekend off but there is a chicken BBQ this Sat. I am planning to get over there to see you pretty soon. I will call. Weather is getting hot we are about due for a day at the beach. If we go mid week we could maybe catch you guys for dinner.

We are having a great time here. We are going to Sarasota on Friday to see Richard and Nancy Muise. They are here for Feb only.

Life is good.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Well tomorrow it is going to be a high of 10F and down to -6F a few inches of snow too.

Sure looks nice in the pictures you posted Steve, sounds like a fun season in Florida and its great you get to see all the Barthites!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2056 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Got a visit from one of the oldtimer residents here at the park. Haven't seen it since last year. About 18 inches long!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Had a great Mardi Gras party. Started out with a golf cart poker run at 10 am. We were one of the stops handing out cards. Six cards, best five card hand takes all. We had 64 players and a 10 high straight took the $320 pot.

Then after 11 we had a meal of black beans and rice, sloppy joes, salads, chips, etc. Live music at the pool until 4. Two guitars and one sax player doing old rock and roll. A bunch of happy retirees drinking, dancing and singing along. I drank a little Scotch... (but not too drunk to swim, barely!)

Another great day in the sun.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp