Forums    Barth Journeys    Westbound from Maine... visits enroute ?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Westbound from Maine... visits enroute ?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted
F I N A L L Y . . . . heading west.. Tooling Along . Driving the packed up Camry from Maine to Dallas area of Texas on this leg.. Route is Maine to Pittsburg on first leg..Staying there for 2 nights, maybe a tour at Falling Water (Frank Lloyd Wright's signature design at Mill Run PA) then on to Waynesville Missouri ( around Ft LK Wood). There for 2 nights to see my daughter. Then to Little Rock for 2 nights, then to Richardson/South lake Texas area for a while. Barth is there so will be finishing up some work (maybe the fuel tank concern) and then towards Nor Cal. Anybody on this route for a hello? Leaving Maine at 0001 hrs on Sunday so not much chance there Smiler but maybe around Pittsburg, Waynesville, Little Rock, and D/FtW areas.. just wondering.. PM with any contact info...we promise we won't stay long Big Grin !

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Tooling Along Tooling Along May Cindy and Mike Have a safe journey to their Barth in Texas. Tooling Along Tooling Along
Tooling Along Tooling Along Good luck also driving the Barth to the west coast. Salute Smiler

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just curious Mike, to know if you will be doing all the driving once in the Barth.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/23
Picture of Mike/Cindi W
posted Hide Post
On the Texas/California journey, just me Barthing..Cindi will be following in the Camry.. After that she says she wants to learn how to drive it.. just a little apprehensive about air brake's, vehicle length/width, etc....but she's a trooper and will do fine.. I actually haven't driven an air brake equipped vehicle in about 15 years so will be jogging that ole muscle memory..its in there somewhere Smiler

M/C-W

1991 early XL-style (maybe 1 of 2?) Breakaway... but prior to that actual (XL) designation...
2nd Breakaway w/Cat 3208T 250 hp motor 4 spd MT643 Allison trans Gilig Air suspension chassis/brakes
Data Tag: 9010 3694 34-BG-1B

Posts: 425 | Location: Coachella Valley, SoCalif... | Member Since: 08-23-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not find any difference. The pedal on the left is stop. The pedal on the right is go.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Kelshe
posted Hide Post
Mike and Cindi;

Have a great trip. Kelly and I share the driving, I had a smaller Barth years ago, so I was use to driving, but 32 ft. has been new and it is intimidating at first. You just have to get use to it, and practice. Also, driving in areas where there isn't as much traffic is a good place to start. I find heavy traffic and lots of trucks a little nerve racking. Cindi- you'll do fine!

Sheila

Posts: 77 | Location: Auburn, CA | Member Since: 11-05-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post