Tools
Reply To This Topic

Talladega
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
The entire week went smooth as silk. After getting the front brakes done we figured it was mainly the rubber line that goes to the caliper. This is common in GM brakes. If you have a caliper that's not releasing properly this is the first thing to look at.
The Barth performed flawlessy for the entire trip, as did the Onan. One tiny problem was the overhead vents were totally dry rotted and disintigrated on the way up. I needed a reason to put new MaxAirs on anyway. Had the pleasure of meeting Ronnie and seeing his sweet looking Barth. He said he saw one on the way but we didn't see any on the road or at the track.
Wind Creek State park, where we spend Thursday night, has been taken over by FEMA and they have installed 500 trailers for storm victims. It really changed the atmosphere there but it does give these people a place to hang their hat for now. They have 148 sites for campers so there's still plenty of camping available.
The crowd at the track, both camping and at the races, was the smallest I've seen in my 10+ years of going to Dega. A lot of reasons were given but the cost of fuel has to be a large factor. Gas was in the 2.99 range pretty much everywhere, but diesel was usually 3.39 or better.
Well, now it's back to work and looking forward to Homestead in November. As soon as Kenny gets my disc made I'll post a few photos. He shot about 300 on his digital Canon so some of them should be good.

------------------
Dan & Suzy Z
'81 Euro 28

[This message has been edited by Danny Zeeff (edited October 04, 2005).]

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I'm glad you had a good time at Dega Danny. I noticed that the second event at Pocono was the same as you described for Dega. It was the smallest turnout that I've seen and the cost of fuel was nowhere near what it is now.

Why is it that Diesel fuel cost more then unleaded when diesel has historically been cheaper? Diesel takes less to produce, there is no reason why it should cost more! At least no sane reason!!!

It seems that within the last 2 plus years diesel cost about the same as super unleaded. It use to be less then regular unleaded. Anybody have a thought?

------------------
http://www.truckroadservice.com/

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited October 04, 2005).]

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post